Sixteen - Breakdowns & Kisses (alternate chapter)

heyy so was gonna post this later but yk why not. here's what the original chapter sixteen was going to be, but it was way too sad to be the main storyline imo.

(also this chapter is basically the same up to about midway so u can skip if you want)

tw, talk about body image, bulimia, passing out. please skip if you find this triggering.

Thursday
6/2/25 // 2/6/25

valentina pov
11:30 am

I sit on one of the seats in the middle, watching the boys do a sound check. I go into Instagram and open the camera.

"JAMES!" I yell and he looks over. I take the picture and smile, putting a thumbs up into the air.

______________________________________________________

@valentamulet
1m ago

silly fella getting ready for a silly show in a silly venue by doing a silly sound check.

good job cutie
@jamesmarriottyt

INSERT PHOTO HERE <3

I watch James open his phone and I see his profile at the bottom, showing me that he saw it. I can't see well from this distance, but it looks like he's blushing. I get a notification and look down, clicking on it

______________________________________________________

@jamesmarriottyt
1m ago

thanks, darling

@valentamulet

silly fella getting ready for a silly show in a silly venue by doing a silly sound check.

good job cutie
@jamesmarriottyt

INSERT PHOTO HERE <3

My cheeks turn red. That was a bold move from the both of us.  I get up and start walking away from the seats.

"I'M GOING TO THE BATHROOM LOSERS!" I inform them, walking away and not turning around.

"Do you know where it is, darling?" James says over the microphone, his voice filling the room. I slightly turn my face to side-eye him, I am a fucking tomato.

"YES, I'M NOT STUPID." 

"Never said you were hun." I flip him off and speed away to the bathroom. I open the door and close it, resting my back against it and catching my breath. I open my phone and get a FaceTime call from Astral, and I answer of course.