Seventeen - A Quote Unquote Friend Date Night

Thursday
6/2/25 // 2/6/25

Valentina pov
2:58 pm

I'm texting Astral when I hear the door open and I look up. I stop breathing and my heart speeds up. This man just walked out in a fucking suit, oh my god. I have forgotten how to blink. I look at him in the eyes and give him a thumbs up, acting like I'm not insanely flustered right now.

I'm in a tight red dress that isn't overdramatic, just like a Saturday night out with friends dress. This dress is cute but I can see my outline in it. I'm so insecure about my body. I almost walked out in a jumper and some jeans but I decided that it would be good to dress up. I'm wearing makeup, just a light blush with mascara and a subtle smokey eye. I don't think I look that good right now.

"Okay stop staring at each other and go!!" Matt pushes us out of the bus and I try to ignore his comment. We step out and start walking to the door.

"Hold on," I stop him and pull out my camera, taking a selfie with him that I will add to my story when we get inside. We resume walking to the door, where the waiter greets us.

"Hello, reservation under Gavin?" James says the the waiter and he nods, leading us to the table. We sit down across from each other and grab ahold of the menu.

"Can I get you guys started with any drinks?" He asks, pulling out a notepad and pencil.

"Oh, I'll have a margarita, please. On the rocks." I say, examining the menu carefully.

"Okay, and for you, sir?" He scribbles on the notepad and turns to James.

"I'll just have a water, thanks," The waiter nods and scribbles on the page.

"Alright, I will get those out to you!"

"Thanks!" I smile as he walks away, looking at my phone to check the time. "Why did Matt make this reservation so early?" I sigh.

"I don't know. It's probably just like a late lunch slash early dinner? It's less packed so that's good."

"Yeah," I agree. I add the photo to my story and smile, tagging him, then putting my phone down. His phone dings but he doesn't look at it.

__________________________ _______________________

@valentamulet
1m ago

dinner with @jamesmarriottyt !!
look at his silly suit, fancy fella
<3

*INSERT PHOTO HERE <3*

"Ohh I have an idea!" I grab my phone and go on a website for friend icebreakers or just questions in general.

"What is it?" He questions, intrigued. (I just had a stroke writing that.)

"So it's like icebreakers. Questions so we can learn things that we might have not known!"

"Ooh alright!" I find the first one and click on it.

"What did the other major in university? Uhh," I ponder for a second. "Spanish and Portugese."