Twelve - Embarrassing

Wednesday
5/2/25  //  2/5/25

a/n apologies in advance for this chapter

Valentina pov
8:25 am

I lay back on the bed, covering my face with the pillow. I can't stop thinking of how close I was to him. I probably made him uncomfortable. The way I grabbed his chin, was too much. God, I wanted to kiss him so bad. I stared at his lips for a second too long, I watched him too closely, and I was silent for too long. The way I rested my head on his chest when I told him to wake up (james marriorr sorng) definitely was past his boundaries. God, what is wrong with me?

"Valentina, we're gonna go to a coffee shop. You down?" Lou steps into the room to speak.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a minute," I mutter in reply.

"Tired?"

"You could say that." I was just hoping that James could forget this interaction.

James pov
8:26 am

I sit against the bathroom wall, my face covered by my hands. Val fit so well in my arms last night. We fit together like puzzle pieces from different puzzles but somehow still fit.

The way she held my face in her hands quieted me immediately. My face heated up and my stomach was doing cartwheels. The proximity of our faces, the whole situation was so perfect. When she woke me up, her head was on my chest and she looked so cute. I hope that I can push this down, nothing will ever happen in this situation anyway. (this is so cringe I'm crying)

"James?" Lou knocks on the bathroom door. "You alright in there?"

"Yeah."

"We're going out to the coffee shop, you coming?"

"Mhm."

"What is goin-" Lou is pulled away by someone or something and I sigh, standing up. I wash my face and exit the bathroom, walking into the room and closing the door. Val must've already gotten dressed and left because she isn't. Thank god honestly.

I start changing, scrolling on my phone when the door opens.

"I forgot my phone- FUCK SORRY-" Val walks in and immediately slams the door. I blush, insanely embarrassed. (I'm more embarrassed writing this. most basic shit ever.) I quickly put my shirt on and left the room, walking over to the group. Val passes me, going to walk into the room. I sit on the couch and sigh.

"Sorry James, should have knocked. Thought you were still in the bathroom."

"You're good, I should have locked the door," I sigh. This situation is not helping our awkwardness.

Lou pov
8:26 am

"What is goin-" I am pulled away from the door by Jago. "Jago what-" He pulls his phone out and shows me the picture of Val and James cuddling.

"Jago they're going to kill you when they find out you have that," I say, still shocked that he even had the balls to take the photo. We all had our bets on when they would officially be a couple. Jago said 3 weeks. I said 2 months. Matt said a week. Sam said a month. Jono said 3 and a half weeks.

"Find out you have what?" Val walks in. My head turns to face her and I look back at Jago.

"your problem" I mouth and walk away, a smile on my face.

valentine pov
8:28 am

I just walked in on James topless. I am sobbing that was so embarrassing I'm going to die. goodnight I am going to bash my head into the wall.

544 words

guys guess who's birthday it is????????? should I upload my favorite chapter (the next chapter) early? 😍