Ten - First Night Fiasco

Wednesday
5/2/25  //  2/5/25

James pov
4:25 pm

Me and the band finish sound check and I open my eyes, looking around at the venue.

"How did you even get this?" I ask, looking at Valentina. This girl can work wonders, I swear to god.

"I know a few people." She smiles and winks, resulting in me turning a very light shade of pink. Okay, I may think she is kind of attractive... but that's nothing. (mhmm? I'm getting frustrated writing this. I want them to just get together already. but the plotttt. and the line was lowkey cringe. sigh.)

Valentina pulls out her phone and opens Instagram. She clicks on the story and takes a quick selfie, getting the picture with me in the background before I have time to react. I watch her caption the photo and then add it to her story.

My phone buzzes and I see the story she tagged me in.

____________  _____________  _____________  _____________

@valentamulet
1m ago

don't know if you know this guy, but he just happens to be playing a sold-out tour in a 30,000-person venue. pretty underground tbh, you probably won't know him.
 he's @jamesmarriottyt

(INSERT PHOTO HERE <3)

I smile and then add the photo to my story. I turn around and get out the story camera myself.

"Valent!" I say and Valentina turns around. As her eyes catch the camera, I smile and take the picture. She playfully punches me and I chuckle. "I was just doing what you did to me!" I caption the photo and smile, adding the story.

"Still." She huffs and crosses her arms, turning away from me.

"Oh, it's like that?"

"Yeah, Yeah it is."

"THE DOORS ARE OPENING," Jago yells and we both shuffle off stage and hang out behind the stage for an hour while the people enter. This night feels like a fever dream.

________________________  ________________________

@jamesmarriottyt
3m ago

bout to do the biggest show of my life thanks to this silly fella, @valentamulet

never thought in 5 years I would be here, thank you to you all. now, what do you say we get this tour started?

(INSERT PHOTO HERE <3333)

Valentina pov
2 & 1/2 hours later.
7:03 pm