Nine - The New Years Incident.

Wednesday
1/1/25 // 1/1/25

TW ///// drinking, getting drugged via drink
 ((this is a really triggering chapter so please continue with caution. Feel free to skip if this triggers you, I 100% get it. I love you and I'll see you in the next chapter!))

Valentina pov
12 am

"THREE, TWO, ONE!!!" The whole party, including Astral and I, scream in unison. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" We both take a sip of our drink and then kiss each other. We promised that on every New Year's, our New Year's kiss would be with each other to prove that friendship lasts forever or some kind of bull shit.

The party is full. I was invited by James and was told I could bring some friends. I chose Astral, and Niki was already invited anyway, so it all worked out. Astral introduced me to Niki after their first date. They are already so cute together.

I down the rest of my champagne and spot James in the crowd.

"hey!!!" I say as I walk over to James. I'm not drunk, but I am 2 glasses in.

"oh hi, valent!" He smiles as he watches me walk over to him. I stumble and someone pushes through the crowd and I end up in an accidental hug with the taller man. I stumble back and fall on the floor.

"fuck- sorry dude." He lets out a quiet laugh.

"you're good. It's getting chaotic, say we get out of here? Just to the porch."

"hell yeah!!" I stand up and turn around.

"AST!!" I yell from across the room and Astral looks up. "I'M GONNA BE OUTSIDE WITH JAMES!!" I yell and they nod, blowing a kiss and I do it back. I turn back to James and smile.

"let's go pookie" I walk past him and turn around, walking backwards as I speak.

"petition to stop pookie." He sighs and follows me as I navigate through the house.

"never" I smile once we reach the door. I open it and step outside, breathing in the fresh air. I sit down and let James sit in the spot next to me.

"So, I got all of the venues booked for the tour!" I say, sighing. It was exhausting, to say the least.

"Thank you," He smiles.

"Did you not get a drink?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh no, I'm three years sober this year."

"Oh, no way! That's awesome!" I smile and he smiles back. We sit in silence for a bit.

Suddenly my phone vibrates and I take it out to look at it.

TEXTING WITH ASTRAL

Val I goin hoem wth niki loaf yoh buhye!!!
read 12:10 am

get home safe ast.
delivered 12:11 am

"I'm gonna go get another drink," I smile at James and stand up. I grab a glass and take a sip before having the sudden urge to pee. I set the drink down and navigate through the hallways, where I finally find the toilet. I do my business then leave swiftly.

I reach for my drink and take a sip, walking back over to the porch. I see James talking to another girl and I don't want to interrupt. I divert my path and sit in a corner, taking sips while scrolling on my phone. I suddenly begin to get shaky, my hands sweaty. My vision starts to blur and I start to panic. I stand up, but too fast, so I fall to the side, my head spinning.

I stumble over to the door and open it, putting my whole body weight onto it. I stumble forward and make eye contact with James, who is sitting down. I watch him as I try to steady myself but my body falters. I watch him as I fall, my world going black before I inevitably hit the ground, probably. I don't know. It doesn't matter though, does it? 

James pov
12:16 am

Valentina watches me as she falls. I stand up and catch her, holding her just a meter above the ground.

"Fuck." I mutter. I pick her up and see that no one has even batted an eye. These people are all so dense, I don't know why Will (willne) invited me here. I check that my phone is in my pocket and I grab hers out of her hand. I take her through the crowd, getting annoyed glances. I don't care, I need her to be safe.

(a/n, tws stop here so if you want you can enjoy the fluff or skip the whole chapter.)

Once I reach my car, I gently set her in my backseat as I start driving. I keep glancing back to make sure that she's alright.

I pull up to my house and park, getting out and grabbing her. I stop for a minute. Maybe I should have taken her to her house. She will 100% be confused when she wakes up, fuck. Oh well, I can explain to her later.

I get inside and set her on my couch, adjusting it to be more comfortable. I pull the coffee table and put her phone, water, a puke bag, a blanket on her body, a pillow under her head, a stuffed animal in her hands, and a cold towel on her head. I turn off the lights and start to go to my bedroom.

"mm, james..." I hear and my head whips around the corner. Her eyes are slightly opened and she looks at me.

"huh?"

"don't go..." She slurs, closing her eyes and squeezing the stuffed animal. I walk back and she holds out her hand. I sit on the chair next to her and look at her hand.

"mmhm, don't be a pussy and hold my hand for fucks sake...." She mutters and I let out a small chuckle. I hold her hand and she squeezes my hand, before snoozing off. I eventually fall asleep with her hand in mine, a slight smile on my face.

--------------------------
time skip
7 hours later
7:38 am
--------------------------

I wake up and find Valentina still asleep. She stirs and her other hand shoots up to her head. She squeezes her hand on mine then shoots her head straight to face me, our gaze meeting.

"Good morning, Valentina." I smile and she looks down at our hands intertwined. 

"Oh fuck- sorry-" Her hand leaves mine and I watch her. "I don't know what I was thinking, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable-"

"You're fine darling." I cut her off and gave her a sympathetic smile, the name slipping out of my mouth before I could think about it. She drops her head and covers her face with her hands, assumingly for her headache. (mhmmmm headacheee) (sorry lowkey cringing at my own writing)

"ahrggg.." (pirate??)

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Fuck no."

1112 words
again sorry for a triggering chapter.