23 (Third Year)

A/N: This is the movie Harper started dating Eloise Midgen, she won't be mentioned but there will be some scene that will show Harper talking with Eloise.

P.S. Harper's seer ability is like Alice Cullen's powers, but he need physical contact to see it.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

"I'm warning you, Hermione! Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers or I'll turn it into a tea cozy." Ron exclaimed, holding onto his rat protectively against his chest.

"He's a cat, Ronald! What do you expect? It's in his nature." Hermione said, holding onto a hissing Crookshanks.

"And how come Harper's cat is calm?" Ron said, looking at Harper's cat-- Copper-- sleeping peacefully in Harper's arms before he turned to look at Hermione. "A cat! Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me."

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush." Hermione said, turning and cooing to the cat. "It's all right, Crookshanks. You just ignore the mean little boy..."

Harper saw someone approached them in the corner of his eyes and turned his head, smiling at the sight of Harry. He placed Copper on the floor and ran towards Harry, hugging him. "How are you doing Harry?" He asked, pulling away to look at Harry who smiled at him.

"I'm doing great Harper, thank you for asking." Harry answered, wondering what could get the boy so giddy in the morning. "What got you so giddy?"

"He won't tell." Hermione said, answering for Harper who smiled cheekily at her. "He said it's top secret." She said, rolling her eyes playfully.

"It's because it is." Harper said, picking Copper up into his arms who was rubbing herself against his legs.

"What could be so top secret?" Ron asked, approaching them.

"I have a feeling you'll see it next year." Harper said, moving his shoulders back and forth before he turned to Harry, holding up one of his hands. "May I?" He asked, smiling softly.

Harry nodded and held up his right hand, watching as Harper took the hand into his and his eyes glazed over slightly before Harper let go with a small frown and worried expression adorning his face. "What is it?" He asked, starting to get worried himself.

"What is your connection to Sirius Black?" Harper asked, looking at Harry who shakes his head before his smile reappears. "It's not something bad, it's just... something you wouldn't expect, and you will be happy in the end when you hear it."

"That's good to hear." Harry said, sighing.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

As Ron smoothes the dog-eared clipping onto the table, Harry studies it. Hermione ignores it, stroking Crookshanks. Harper is sharing his food with Copper, smiling when Copper bumped her head onto his.

"Egypt! What's it like?" Harry asked.

"Brilliant. It's got loads of old stuff. Mummies. Death masks. Tombs--" Ron was cut off by Hermione's talking.

"You know, the ancient Egyptians of the Nile River delta worshipped the cat goddess Bast." Hermione said as Harper turned his head towards her. When did she have the time to read that?

"I also got a new wand." Ron said, smiling at Harper who returned the smile.

Just then, a commotion is head and Percy, Fred, George, Ginny, Mr. Weasley, and Mrs. Weasley arrive in a masse, laden with purchases from Diagon Alley.

"Not flashing that clipping about again, are you, Ron?" George asked, softly petting Copper who purred happily at him.

"I haven't shown anyone!" Ron defended himself, blushing when Harper raised his eyebrows at him.

"No, not a soul. Unless you count Tom. The day maid. The night maid. The cook. The bloke that came to fix the toilet. That wizard from Belgium..." Fred said, sharing a smile with Harper, who is holding in his laugh.

Mrs. Weasley takes Harry's face in her hand, smiling. As if relieved to see him. "It's good to see you, Harry."

"Good to see you too, Mrs. Weasley." Harry said, smiling as Mr. Weasley approached Harry.

"Harry. I wonder if I might have a word." Mr. Weasley said.

"Of course, Mr. Weasley." Harry said, nodding.

As Mr. Weasley pulls Harry away, the others continue to hover over the clipping.

"George's nose looks positively massive in that photograph." Fred said.

"That's your nose, Fred." Ginny said.

"Bloody hell. 'Tis, isn't it? Take after your side of the family, don't I, Mum?" Fred said, turning his head to look at his mum.

"Anything new today, Harper?" George whispered into Harper's ear, leaning his body against Harper's back as he placed his hand on the table.

"Yes." Harper whispered, looking around to make sure nobody was listening in. "Sirius Black." He answered simply, George leaning away to join his twin brother and tell him what's new.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

The aisle teems with students. Harry, Ron, Harper and Hermione work their way down the aisle, looking for an empty compartment.

"I didn't mean to blow her up. I just..." Harry trailed off, troubled by the memory. "... lost control."

"Brilliant!" Ron said.

"Honestly, Ron, it's not funny. Harry's lucky he wasn't expelled." Hermione said.

"I would say it's a great defense for accidentally using your magic for talking bad about your parents." Harper muttered to Harry who smiled at him.

"I still think it was brilliant." Ron said.

A copy of The Monster Book of Monsters scuttles crab-like down the aisle, pursued by Neville. Harper kneeled down and clipped the book to normal, giving it back to Neville who smiled gratefully at him.

"Hi, Harry. Ron. Harper. Hermione." Neville said.

"Hi, Neville." The quartet said simultaneously, watching as Neville walked back to where he came from.

Hermione nods to a compartment. "C'mon. We're in here." She said, slipping inside with the others behind her.

Harper looks at the man in shabby robes slumped against the window, asleep. He looks kinda ill and exhausted, but he smiles knowingly to himself.

"Who'd you reckon he is?" Ron whispered.

"Professor R.J. Lupin." Hermione answered.

"You know everything. How is it she knows everything?" Ron asked.

"It's on his case." Hermione said, pointing at the battered case.

"Is he really asleep?" Harry asked.

"Seems to be. Why? What is it, Harry?" Hermione asked.

"Close the door." Harry said.

Hermione and Ron exchange a curious glance, then Ron rises and slides the door shut.