Empath(Part 1)

[Young Justice X Male Oc]

|Chapter One|

[Mount Justice, July 8th, 8:04 EDT]

As the two superheroes flew around with large pieces of metal equipment. Seven heroes and four teens stood in the center.

The seven heroes were members of the Justice League. Aquaman, Batman, Black Canary, Captain Marvel, Flash, Hawkman, and Red Tornado.

While they were in their suits, the teens, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Robin, and Superboy were in civilian clothes.

"This cave was the original secret sanctuary of the Justice League." Batman told the teens.

"We're calling it into service again. Since you four are determined to stay together and fight the good fight." He turned to the boys.

"You'll do it on League terms. Red Tornado volunteered to live here and be your supervisor. Black Canary's in charge of training. I will deploy you on missions."

Robin, who was the only one wearing sunglasses to protect his identity from everyone except Batman, spoke up.

"Real missions?" He checks.

"Yes, but covert." Batman answers his protégé.

Flash spoke up from behind Kid Flash's right shoulder.

"The League will handle the obvious stuff." The speedster in red said.

"There's a reason we have these big targets on our chest."

To make his point. He points to his lightning bolt symbol on his chest.

"But Cadmus proves the bad guys are getting smarter. Batman needs a team that can operate on the sly."

Aquaman continued before turning his head to Batman.

"The six of you will be that team." Batman states.

"Cool!" Robin cheered, but he stopped as he realized there was only four of them.

"Wait. Six?"

Batman wordlessly looked over his protégé's shoulder. The four teens looked behind them.

Another Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter were familiar faces that came out of the shadows.

But there were two others.

The first was a red haired, green skinned girl that was on Martian Manhunter's right.

The other was a fair skinned, black haired boy that was on Green Lantern's left.

"This is the Martian Manhunter's niece. Miss Martian." Batman said.

The girl raised her left hand, giving them a small wave and a smile.

"Hi," She spoke shyly.

"This is Green Lantern's ward. Mantodea." Batman continued.

The boy gave a quirky, lopsided, cheery smile and waved his hand enthusiastically.