Part 3: Venturer to the Beyond, Chapter 4; A Twisted Endeavor

Every single moment tells her that now it's time. She had made a decision, she had an idea to uncover the truth. She wanted to know if Jacob truly felt remorse, she wanted to know more about The Voice, so she decided to do something risky that would pay off. Mary thought of being in the Snow Void and so it happened.

Mary looked upon all of the Snowflakes that lay there, if he used one into her very mind, she would be able to know everything, hopefully.

The Snowflake began to float toward her, she expected that, since it was the one for Knowledge, she wouldn't suffer the same amount Jacob had to. The Essence of Knowledge introduced itself on her very mortal and feeble mind that hadn't inherited The Paraplace's nature, unlike her very existence.

Then, she felt it. She felt the knowledge of endless worlds that span over the cosmos, mathematical equations and theorems that made sense and didn't make sense, everything that didn't make sense suddenly made sense because of other senses that were seen. She knew what Jacob was, what he thought and what he was like, that was the desired goal. However, she felt something else. She felt the knowledge of thousands of murders, and assassinations, and she knew what it felt to feel the pain, the same pain that Jacob had felt that went across all of the improbable worlds that existed, things that she thought couldn't exist but now she knew that existed, aspects that she didn't even know were there but felt it anyway.

She knew it all across time too, everything that had happened before and everything that would happen, as well as everything that could happen and everything that could happen across any and all systems of logic, were all things she now knew.

Mary tumbled to the ground, gasping for air and grabbing her head, it hurt, it hurt all over her body, she knew the pain, the bad, the good and everything that could be known like pure madness or pure sanity, it was too much for her. She was left there, crying and begging for all of this to stop. Suddenly, the voice.

"Pfft, what did you expect to gain from that?" - The voice jokingly asked her, which made Mary extremely mad.

Mary looked everywhere and saw nothing again, it was just a voice.

"Oh please, don't tell me you don't know about me yet? It should've been so easy to fill in the gaps." - The voice spoke, which made Mary think some more.

There were certain things that in her knowledge were unexplained, the fact that the teleporter could reach into other worlds, the ritual that she used not being something that worked, but "something" else making her ascend. If she knew everything, why couldn't she know these things? Why did she have these gaps of knowledge?
In between grunts of pain and pure agony, Mary asked.

"W-Why...?" - The voice already knew what Mary was asking.

"That's because it was me! All me!" - The voice enthusiastically announced, not dropping this happy facade just yet.
"The only beings that are above the essences are you and me, so the only gaps of knowledge you could have are the ones I've made, now, try to guess what I have been making all this time?" - The voice explained, making Mary think more and the realization hit her like a truck. This voice had plotted everything against her.
"That's right." - This mysterious voice dropped every friendly and happy facade from before and stood like an intimidating voice.

"W-WHY?!" - Mary asked, while still on the ground, crying and suffering.

"I have created this reality for mere entertainment. The only reason that God would allow suffering is because it entertains him. I'm God." - The voice spoke, which made Mary extremely fearful.

"R-Reveal yourself! YOU ARE NO GOD EXCEPT A DEMON!" - Mary shouted, to which The Voice simply chuckled back at her.

"As you wish, Ms.Mary." - It complied. Mary felt like something was now watching her from behind. As she turned around, she met an unlikely God.