Part 2: Life throughout the Omniverse, Chapter 2; Flashback

The beautiful sun with its marvelous rays hit the forest yet again, another day.

Mary was still sitting, being charged up by the generator. The generator didn't charge her up a lot but it's still good enough regardless. She saw Jane sleeping soundly, now that she thought about it, she hadn't asked her what happened back in their world... not like she knew if she would be comfortable talking about it.

A few minutes later, Jane woke up, yawning and getting up as she looked at her and waved a hand at her.

"Mary! How was the night?" - Jane asked, knowing that Mary couldn't really sleep.

"Very peaceful, it really does seem like animals don't come out at night, there were only crickets here and there but there weren't that many." - Mary replied, as she was still sitting in the same position, she hadn't even moved an inch.

"Well then," - Jane stated as she grabbed one of the food containers and began eating from it alongside a bottle of water.
"What should we do now?" - Asked Jane, which shook Mary's very mind to her core.

Mary didn't know where to go from now on, they had just lost their entire home and Jane was so calm about it. She had no reason to keep going other than Jane, Jacob and Michael were probably dead alongside the entire multiverse. She felt despair, anger and guilt for not being able to save her friends over such lustful thoughts and instincts, she had nothing to fight for now.

"I...I really don't know, survive?" - Mary asked rhetorically, trying to not lose the rest of sanity she had left.

"...That's what Michael had told me to do..." - Jane replied, which shocked Mary, as Jane didn't want to talk about him up until now.
"He had told me to survive and live a happy life, being who I truly am and to not be limited by anything, by my shyness or my incompetence. That's when I decided I had to step up my game and take care of myself... but if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have lasted much longer." - Jane let on, as Mary comprehended more and more her friend's true thoughts and feelings, now she knew she had to fight for her.

"Could you tell me what exactly happened if that's okay, Jane?" - Mary asked, trying to gather more information on the matter.

Jane sighed after hearing Mary's request, releasing that she had to let on these horrid feelings and find someone else who could help her, that was Mary.

"Alright." - Jane replied to Mary as she sat down next to Mary, ready to tell her tale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~4 Weeks Ago~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"..." - Jane didn't say anything, she was disgusted, how could Michael tell Mary the location of Jacob when they could've just talked it out?

She thought that it was very likely that Mary had some sort of reasoning still deep within and if they calmed her down, they would be able to talk peacefully and sort things out, but now Michael had made things far harder than what they should've. As she was walking toward her bedroom, she heard fast footsteps behind her, Jane turned around and predictably saw Michael, who had caught up to her.

"Jane, you don't understand-" - Michael tried to explain before being cut off.

"No you don't understand! We could've just solved things right here and there by talking to her but instead, you had to take the cowardly route and let Mary find Jacob that easily." - Jane stated to Michael, while he was trying to explain his part of the tale.

"Jane I-" - Michael tried to say before yet again being cut off by Jane.

"You always promised me to do the right thing, you always promised me to eat healthier, you always promised me not to drink more alcohol, you always promised me to not get into more fights and you always promised me to be a better person... but you never did any of that." - Jane announced to him, as Michael tried to find the correct words for this kind of situation.

"..." - However, Michael couldn't say anything, the guilt of those moments and not really listening to Jane struck him.
"Listen, the script turned Mary's head upside down. That love is far too primitive, she choked me and tried to touch Jacob, and we had to run away from her. For now, I don't think we can reason with her, if she didn't notice you or me when she was choking me, I don't think we can do much." - Michael replied, trying to make Jane understand the situation at hand and what Mary's true state of mind is.

"And you didn't try to talk her out of it?!" - Jane promptly responded, but Michael had indeed already tried.

"Listen, Jacob had already tried to get her off of him but it didn't work, you already tried to talk to her and it also didn't work. I'm afraid that we don't have many options here." - Michael explained, as Jane began to understand the situation.

"...I-I don't want anything to happen to them." - Jane replied as she teared up a bit. Michael leaned closer and hugged her tight.

"Me neither Jane, me neither." - Michael replied as they hugged for several seconds.

"S-So... what do we do now?" - Jane asked, with tears in her eyes and nervous about the ordeal.

"I will gather everyone to brainstorm something, but I don't have anything on my mind." - Michael replied, as he walked away with the others.

The onlookers were surprised by the Project's reaction, Michael's resolve was true then, Jacob had inputted a script into one of the chips he was working on to have a sickening love with him, his lust sickened every one of them, but Nol was not so talkative. Nol knew that having the project against them was suicide. Another project was out of the question, they had wasted enough resources and money, this was not a professional decision of his and he didn't know what to do, so his composture began to deteriorate.

Michael came out of the main door alongside Jane, the others quickly approached them and began to talk.

"We need to think of a solution." - Michael shared with the others, as the onlookers nodded their heads and entered the facility yet again.

Everyone sat down at the main hall and began to have a chat about ideas to either stop Project B.S.O.D. or have another efficient way of getting the trash out of the question.

"What if we built Lightning Cannons that were designed in a ship and distributed them to each universe to delete the trash? That way it could easily get solved without us needing to go manually." - One of the onlookers explained.

"That is a good alternative, but it would take a lot of time and resources." - Nol replied, not wanting to admit that their resources were pretty scarce already, they would have to beg the government for more than what they already had.

"We could just pin her down with a crane or something like that, easy." - Another one of the onlookers tried to explain, which simply got dismissed as a silly idea. There is no way that anything could retain Project B.S.O.D. as it could literally lift tons upon tons of weight with a single finger.

"Alright, we should just use an Electromagnetic Pulse that would interrupt the inner functions of the Project, turning it off temporarily enough so we can enter its brain, remove the chip, reprogram it and put it back. Problem solved." - Announced the last person on one of the rows. Everyone looked at each other and agreed in silence.

"That is plausible, but the hard thing is actually finding the Project. Currently, it's flying thousands of times the speed of light to find its current target, which is Jacob. Sadly we didn't put a tracker on it..." - Nol confessed, disappointed in not thinking of bad alternatives that could happen if the project failed.

"We should get going then, let's get EMPs and build ships with Cannons on it, that way we have a Short-Term Solution and a Long-Term Solution." - Michael explained, to which everybody there agreed including Nol.

For two weeks the group furiously worked on the ship and brought EMPs from other universes, they weren't that expensive so they were easy to get. However, Nol was acting strange, he was way more strict with his demands and asked them to work overtime for the sake of the multiverse. This was understandable but Jane did notice that he hadn't shown this behavior before, so she kept it in mind.

"Useless! We need to work faster or the rebels would kill us all!" - Nol announced, his hair being disheveled and with huge eyebags from not sleeping.

However, as time passed, intel had passed to them that The Rebels were allegedly creating a supermassive black hole that was devouring galaxies and more. Initially, this was ignored as a natural massive black hole but as it grew bigger and bigger, there was a visible tension in the air for everyone and Nol was even more anxious than before, hardly letting anyone sleep more than five hours a day to do work. They were only given ten minutes to eat at most. Nol himself had baggy eyes and was tired all the time but he kept on working like a madman, ignoring anyone that wanted to help him and leading the group to do their thing.

Under these conditions and the tensions of the Black Hole, most people decided to leave the safety of the facility to be with their families. Maybe it would be to spend their last moments with them or because they simply wanted to get out of that place.

Three weeks later, the only ones that remained were Michael, Jane and Nol. He was even more frustrated, tired and strict than before which was draining to them, but they had to keep on going for the sake of everyone. That is after they finished the first ship which would be used to destroy trash... but it was useless now. They reckoned that the new plan of the rebels was to destroy the multiverse with the black hole and not with strategically placed trash, they got desperate thanks to Project B.S.O.D. and decided to do a last-resort weapon, ending the beauty of nature to not succumb to the "mad god".

"It's done, YES, IT'S DONE!" - Jane screamed as she hugged Michael, the three of them were tired but at last they finished it.

The process was hard, they had to connect the incompatibility of the Lightning Cannon into a ship as well as make it able to correctly aim and shoot the trash, so perhaps it could be used as a weapon later. But later was not a concept they had in their mind right now. Nol sat on the ground in a fetal position, whispering to himself, already being lost to insanity trying to think of something else to correct his failures and his mistakes. That's when he remembered, the teleporting devices.

These whispers of escape and rants about the teleporting devices were heard by Michael and Jane. Jane had absolutely no clue of what he was mumbling about at the time but Michael knew, Michael knew what he was going to do. He was going to leave them here to die alone in the darkness of that damn black hole.