42.

SPENCER POV 

Coach gave everyone the week off so I'm at home with Liv and the kids. Liv's been giving me the cold shoulder ever since our argument about her mothering and watching the kids. 

FLASHBACK

"Spencer, I want you to understand my perspective, and how I see things. You're not at home with the kids 24/7, you don't understand how hard it is to be a mom and I can't even get a second to relax. How do you think I feel?" 

"I don't need to be home 24/7 to know my kids are stressful. I know that Liv but remind me who's the one busting their ass to get this family where we are. You're blowing things way out of proportion. Being a mom is not that hard. Look at Jordan, she might be in a crappy situation but at she takes motherhood seriously."

"Wow, we both busted our asses to get where we are. Don't act like I didn't do shit. I had a stable job and a fun job that I loved but left so that you could be happy and pursue your dreams, and now it's a problem because I want to get back to work. You speaking of Jordan is crazy, she's the one who hurt me and I'm not blowing anything out of proportion and maybe you should try being a mother for the day to see how it feels." 

"Goddamn Olivia, you're being overdramatic. I don't need to do anything. I brought Jordan into this because every time Lani comes over here she dreads it. Why? Well because all you do is sleep, cook, read, play, and watch Angel. Plus you're not her real mother. Jordan treats Lani the way Lani wants to be treated and maybe you should follow. Being a mother is the least of my priorities, now if you'll excuse me, I have lunch with the boys."

END OF FLASHBACK 

I regret everything that I said. I was all angry and upset because of some of my issues and I took it out on my wife. She didn't deserve that and she's a great mother. Bringing up Jordan was a low blow and Lani loves it over here.

I know all of these thoughts are lingering in her mind right now and it's all because of me. I walk out of the room and walk to the playroom seeing all of my girls playing together. Liv really dropped everything for me and gave me a family and this is how I thank her. Lani looks up and sees me by the door. 

"Daddy, you're up. Can you play with us?" She asks as I look at Angel, her, and lastly Liv. She briefly looks at me and then directs her attention to Angel. 

"Sure baby girl. What are y'all playing?" I ask her as I see Liv get up. We both look into each other's eyes and I can tell she's hurting and being around me pains her right now. 

"I'm going to make us some breakfast. Come on baby girl." She says as she grabs Angel and walks out. I knew I fucked up and it's going to be hard to make this up. 

I called my wife a horrible mother when I don't know what mothers go through because I'm not home and I don't know what she deals with. Maybe I should live her life every day and see what she has to deal with. 

OLIVIA POV 

"Okay Angel, you have to eat it not throw it on the floor

"Okay Angel, you have to eat it not throw it on the floor. Just a few bites baby girl, please." I ask her as she continues throwing her eggs on the floor. Motherhood is stressful and exciting at the same time.

Spencer and I had a huge argument and speaking to him right now is not on my to-do list. Hearing him say all those things makes me think that I'm failing as a mom and that maybe I'm not doing shit correctly. 

"Breakfast is ready!" I yell and hear footsteps and giggling coming from upstairs. I slip out of the kitchen right as Spencer hits the kitchen and I go up to our bathroom to check the pregnancy test I took a few minutes ago. 

I close the door and pick up the test looking at the results, "Negative". A piece of my heart breaks because I thought because of how sick I was I was for sure pregnant. As hard as motherhood is, having a big family is my dream. 

I fix myself up and open the door to see Spencer standing by the door. I try walking past him until he grabs my arm. I look him in the eyes as he pulls me into a hug. As hard as I try to be mad at him, I can't. 

"It's going to happen. It doesn't instantly happen baby, plus Angel is only 12 months. Don't get discouraged." He tells me as I nod and then realize he never truly apologized for what he said. 

"Not now, I can't do this. All of this comfort. I love you but what you said stung like a fucking bee and you know I hate bees. Why Spencer? Why'd you say it? Am I not what you wanted or something tell me...." I ask him and he hesitates. 

I walk away and hope that maybe soon enough he'll find an answer. 

CONTINUATION NEXT CHAPTER

-T