Chapter Twenty Eight

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

I'M SERIOUS

As the final game between Harrow and St. Gabriel enters the third quarter, the intensity of the match increases. The scores are very close, with only a 2-4 point difference. The audience loudly cheers for both teams.

Harrow is the one that keeps attacking, but St. Gabriel's defence is like an impenetrable Aegis shield. Dunk and his team have a tough time scoring, especially with Joong marking Dunk man-to-man full-court, which limits Dunk's movements.

Dunk is thinking hard to get away from Joong's marking, but Joong is like a hawk. He not only knows where the ball movements are but also Dunk's movements. Marc also has a hard time passing the ball to Dunk.

"Dunk! Make a move, look for an opening! Get away from him!" Marc shouts while signalling with his hand.

Dunk keeps running here and there to make an opening for him to receive the ball, but even with the help of a teammate, Dunk still can't get away from Joong.

Dunk curses inside.

One minute before the 3rd quarter ended, Joong made a beautiful 3-point shot right in front of Dunk. This makes St. Gabriel lead by 10 points. That 3-point shot indeed makes Dunk more and more agitated and leads him to make a hasty decision.

Dunk forcefully makes a lay-up shot, even though Joong was marking him close. This ended up with Dunk getting an offensive foul.

"JOONG!"

Dunk didn't think that his forceful action made him bump into Joong, and both of them fell with Dunk on top of Joong. Dunk didn't realize that he hit right on Joong's injured knee.

Joong holding his injured knee, curled and his face was in pain. Dunk realizes what happened, and tries to help Joong but has been pushed aside by Neo.

"Joong, you okay?" Neo said in concern, "Medi-"

"I'm fine!" Joong shouted and tried to stand up but failed as the pain increased

Neo immediately helped Joong stand up, while the referee stopped the match for a minute

"You're not fine! Referee, change player!" Said Neo sternly and then signalled the coach to make changes.

Dunk still standing in stunned. He didn't know what to do or what to say.

No matter how stubborn Joong is, once Neo says something sternly, he needs to obey. He respects Neo as the captain and knows that his decision is best for the team.

Neo passed Joong to their manager to help him walk to the bench, while Neo replaced Joong for the free throw. This also makes the end of the 3rd quarter.

As Dunk goes back to his bench, he can still see Joong from the opposite court. He sees the guy Joong hugging before the match running towards Joong. His face looks so worried.

Dunk can't help to keep watching their interaction. Dunk feels guilty to be the cause of Joong's injury but at the same time, he also feels pain in his heart. It's so hurtful that he can't even concentrate on the next plan that is being explained by his coach.