Chapter Forty Six

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

Two weeks had passed since Pond woke up, and everyone was always there with him. Dr. Force began the six-week course of radiation therapy in conjunction with oral chemotherapy. This period made Pond feel fatigued and exhausted from the Glioblastoma treatments.

Despite his exhaustion, Pond had already made up his mind to get better. He tried to maintain a positive attitude and was grateful for his family and friends who were always there to support him. Little by little, Pond started to speak, although he still stuttered. But this was a good improvement, surprising even Dr. Force and Dr. Jimmy with Pond's progress.

Meanwhile, Fourth was very busy with his preparation for his debut and school stuff. Since Fourth was still in his second year, he needed to balance himself between practice with his bandmates, which had increased because of the debut preparation, and also his academics. Bright also demanded that he and all the CHINZILLA members maintain their academic scores. Between those, Fourth also frequently visited his brother in the hospital.

Because of his tight schedule, Fourth rarely met up with Gemini. Even so, they still communicated through text, call, or video chat. Gemini didn't mind it and understood Fourth's situation, especially what was happening this past week with Pond, and then balancing his school and band practices. He tried not to bother Fourth by demanding things, sulking about him not paying attention to him, or complaining. Gemini even tried to keep himself busy with school stuff too, especially with his position as school President.

Gemini may look fine on the outside, like he is always joking around or making everyone around him laugh, but his being overly happy like this only makes Phuwin worried. Phuwin can also feel Gemini's feelings, after all, they're twins. Phuwin also feels guilty because he realizes that he is so focused on Pond that he forgets about his surroundings. When Phuwin was distressed, Gemini was always there, not just for him but also for everyone, trying to lighten up the situation, without realizing that Gemini also needed someone to care for him too.

Phuwin walks to Gemini's bedroom and knocks on the door, but no one answers. He tries to open the door, but it's unlocked. Phuwin gets inside but finds the room empty. Phuwin walks around the house and garden to look for Gemini, yet he can't find him. He wonders where his twin is.

"Phu, what are you doing this late night in the garden?" Phuwin turns around and sees his Father, Tay, standing behind him.

"I'm looking for Gemini," Phuwin said.

"Oh...Gem went out to the nearby convenience store. Gemini said he was craving matcha ice cream and pizza-shaped gummies," Tay said with a chuckle.

Phuwin stays silent. Tay frowns and approaches his son.

"What's wrong, Son?"

"Nothing, Dad. It's just that I feel guilty towards Gemini," Phuwin said, looking sad.

"Why do you think that?"

"You know with everything going on, I'm too focused on P'Pond, Hia Dunk also focused on P'Joong, you two also worried about me being neglected by my wellbeing since I'm too worried about P'Pond...Gem always lightens the situation, always considers everyone's feelings, and makes jokes to make everyone laugh. Gem may look fine, but I can feel it, Dad."

"I can feel Gem's endurance, frustrations, sadness, and loneliness, but he suppresses that. He pushes himself to be busy with school stuff, but I still can feel it. He pushes himself too much. I'm such a bad twin; I couldn't be there for him."

Tay smiles warmly at Phuwin, patting his head gently.

"Phu, don't blame yourself like that. Gemini understands that you're scared of losing Pond. You just realized how much you love Pond, and Gemini also knows that feeling," Tay said. "He knows the feeling of loving someone to the point of how terrifying it is to lose that person."

Phuwin looks at his father and sees the softest expression he has seen. "Dad, do you know about Gemini and Fourth?"

Tay smiles. "I'm your father; of course, I know about you guys. No matter how busy me and Newwie are, we always care for you guys."

"So the reason Gem hid his relationship with Fourth from us is that he's afraid that I and Hia Dunk are going to be angry with him and demand he break up with Fourth since our school is a rival?" Phuwin said, feeling even worse.

"Well, Gemini loves his brothers so much, but he also doesn't want to give up his feelings for Fourth," Tay said. "He looks like a simple boy, but your twin is a really complicated person."

Phuwin stays silent. "But he never has any bad thoughts about any of you. He just doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, even though he needs to sacrifice his own. Isn't that what we call unconditional love?" Tay said, and Phuwin looked at his Dad with glazed eyes, holding back his tears.

At the same time, Gemini arrived back home with a bag of goodies in his hand. He spotted Phuwin and his Father in the garden, he approached them.

"Dad, Phu, why are you guys standing here in the middle of the night?" Gemini asks innocently, "Phu, do you want ice cream? I bought a lo-"

Before Gemini even finishes his sentence, Phuwin hugs him, crying. This surprised Gemini. He then looks at His Father confused and a bit panicked since Phuwin started to cry. Gemini thought that something happened with Pond, but Tay soothed him that nothing happened.

"Thank you Gem," Phuwin mumbled, he was still hugging Gemini.

Gemini is still confused but he then hugs his twins back. Tay then hugged both of his sons, feeling happy and proud.

New and Dunk who observed them from the door slowly walked towards them and joined the hug. This became a group hug. Gemini giggles, he never felt this happy just from being hugged.

A warm hug from a family member who loves you dearly is always the best.

_____

Annyeong yeorobun!
Sawadhi ka!

As promised, I updated the chapter. This time, I need to write an appreciation chapter for Gemini. He did well being emotional support for everyone, especially for Phuwin. He deserves it.

I wish I could have a family like this. Anyway, Hope you like it.

Happy weekend!