Chapter Twenty Four

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

SHIFTING

FOURTH POV

When P'Joong urgently requested Hia Pond's bag, I knew something was off. I discreetly followed him, but he ran quickly, as expected from the basketball team's ACE. I lost sight of him, but I'm certain he went towards the restroom.

Before I could head towards the restroom, I spotted P'Joong coming out with Hia Pond, who appeared to be in pain. I immediately panicked and ran towards them, but unfortunately, they disappeared around the corner. I didn't know which room they had entered.

I attempted to look inside each room one by one, but Gemini stopped me. He had been searching for me and appeared worried. Phuwin was also with him, looking extremely strange, as if he had encountered something bizarre. I couldn't quite describe his expression.

We returned to the venue, and not long after, I saw Hia Pond and P'Joong return as well. Hia Pond appeared fine, but I could sense that he wasn't feeling well.

Was he sick?

The semi-final mathematics competition was indeed brutal. Even though I sensed that Hia Pond wasn't his usual calm and composed self, he still crushed the opposing team mercilessly. They finished the match faster than we anticipated.

As for the Gemini twins, Phuwin's team, there was some difficulty at the start of the match as Phuwin appeared to be off, constantly making mistakes. Though I don't fully understand math, I heard Gemini complain about how his twins made a lot of errors and sighed. In the end, HARROW also advanced to the final. Hia and Phuwin will face each other in the final, which will be interesting since I suspected that my Hia had feelings for Gemini's twins for a long time.

After the match, I looked for Hia but again, he was nowhere to be found. This was strange. Since the accident with Phuwin, Hia hasn't returned to the dorm at all.

"Phi," I called P'Joong, who was making coffee in the kitchen.

"Aww Fourth, do you want a coffee?" he offered, but I shook my head and refused.

"What's wrong?" Phi Joong walked towards me with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Where's Hia?" I asked point-blank.

Phi Joong looked hesitant, and I frowned. "For the time being, he will stay at Zee's dorm. At least until the final," he said.

Stay at Phi Zee's dorm? Why?

Before I could say anything, Phi Joong interrupted, "I know you have a lot of questions, Fourth, but Pond really needs to focus and concentrate for the final. It's best to let him stay with his team," he said.

Well, it made sense if Hia wanted to concentrate on the competitions. Being with his team was probably the best decision since in the final, Hia would face Phuwin's school.

"Ok then," I said and walked back to my room.

Even though I still had doubts, Phi Joong might have been lying to cover up whatever was happening to Hia Pond. Whenever Phi Joong did that, there must be really good reasons for it. I would just wait until the final competition was over. And maybe I should also focus on Final Music Wave too.

__________
Annyeoung! Sawadhi kha!!

Happy New Year 2024 Everyone!

Hope you have a great holiday!

It's a bit short but I hope you like it!

My 1st update in 2024 🤭

Hope this year is going to be another great Year!

See ya in the next chapter na!