Chapter Thirty Six

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

THE FINAL MUSIC CAMP WAVE:
Part 2

The venue for this year's Final Music Camp Wave is spectacular and has left many attendees amazed. It feels like attending a music festival or a big concert. The stage is not the only amazing thing about this event, as four famous judges will also be present. They are F.HERO, a famous rapper; James Su, a singer and actor; Dew Jirawat, an actor and model; and Bright Vachirawit Chivaaree, an infamous music producer and singer who is also the founder of BVC Music Labels.

The judges expect all the finalists to deliver a great performance, and they will be evaluated based on four criteria: stage presentation and performance, song choice, originality, and audience response. These criteria will determine which band will be the winner of this year's CAMP Music Wave and receive an exclusive contract to debut under BVC Labels.

*******

After talking to Fourth, Joong returns to his seat, with James walking beside him, Joong talks to him like he usually does. But then he notices that James seems distracted by something.

"James, is something wrong?" Joong asks, concerned.

"Huh, uh...nothing, just there's a lot on my mind," James responds.

"If something is bothering you, you can always talk to me," Joong says. "Since you broke up with Pond, you seem distant."

James tries to stop himself from confessing his feelings for Joong, but the gesture Joong makes by stroking his hair gently makes him weak. He had already decided to give up on Joong and Pond.

James only smiles, but Joong is still puzzled. "Joong, I...you know, actually, I-"

Suddenly, Joong cuts James off, his eyes shifting to look behind James. He sees Dunk being friendly with Dew, and they even look so intimate. This makes Joong immediately walk towards Dunk's direction, leaving James alone and dumbfounded.

James turns around, seeing how fast Joong walks even though he struggles with his crutches. He walks towards Dunk's direction, but at that instant, he knows that even if he confesses his feelings for Joong, Joong will never accept them.

"Dunk!" Joong calls out to Dunk, standing between him and Dew.

Joong looks at Dew with eyes that say 'Back off, he's mine,' and Dew responds with a smile. Dunk is only confused with Joong's attitude.

"Let's go, Dunk!" Joong says, pulling Dunk's hand with him.

"Joong, hey...!" Dunk says, confused but still not pulling his hand out of Joong's grip. He goes with him.

Dew looks at them smiling, thinking they're cute. Although he tries to flirt with Dunk, he backs off after seeing the way Joong looks at him.

"James, your friend is funny," Dew says, looking at James, who is now standing beside him. James just smiles in response.

"Aww...hey Joong, what's wrong with you?" Dunk complains but still does not pull his hand out of Joong's grip.

Joong doesn't say anything and just keeps walking towards their seat. Inside, Dunk is actually blushing really bad. His face turns hot and red like a tomato. Joong doesn't realize that his action draws attention, and many students from both schools are surprised yet also full of questions. Why in the world is the ACE of St. Gabriel Basketball holding hands with HARROW's Captain?

Joong doesn't care about all the eyes on them; he just went to pull Dunk away from that Dew guy. Joong is jealous.

After pulling Dunk to their seat, which is in the front row behind the judge's table, Dunk still looks at Joong confused.