Chapter Forty Three

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

BY YOUR SIDE

After Pond was transferred to the private Intensive Care Unit Room, Force and Jimmy kept observing and monitoring Pond's condition. Although the surgery went well, Pond is still not awake. Usually, after the anaesthesia wears off, Pond is expected to be awake after a few hours. It's been Three days, yet, Pond still not giving a sign of consciousness.

Phuwin was there every day, He never left Pond's side. Phuwin even resigned from his position as Math Club President to Coearth, to just have more time with Pond until he opened his eyes. Fortunately, the distance between HARROW School and the Hospital is not that far, so Phuwin can commute easily. Although Dunk offered to drive him Phuwin refused since Dunk was also busy with the study for the final exam too.

Even though Mix and Earth are almost there every day, they still can't beat Phuwin. They felt Phuwin's feelings towards their son and were also grateful but at the same time worried about his health conditions too. Phuwin rarely eats, he mostly only drinks water or a latte. Tay, New, Dunk and Gemini also worried about him.

But, no matter what, Phuwin doesn't want to leave Pond's side even just a slight second. Gemini felt Phuwin's feelings, he describes Phuwin feelings are so complicated. Like a mix of anxiety, fear, love, guilt and sadness. Looking at Phuwin right now, hurt him.

"Phu, you should eat na, it's already 5 p.m.," Gemini said tapping Phuwin's shoulder.

Phuwin looks over his shoulder, his eyes are red, like he just cried. "I will eat later," Phuwin responded, his voice sounding weak.

Phuwin back looking at Pond who is still not awake, there is a lot of equipment, and breathing through a machine called a ventilator, to support his life.

(Illustrated photo)

(Illustrated photo)

Gemini sighed, "I will put the food here na," he said putting the bag of food on the table.

"Thanks, Gem," Phuwin said

Gemini walks outside, His parents and Pond's parents are walking towards him. Behind them, Joong, Dunk and Fourth followed.

"Gem, is Phuwin still not eaten yet?" New asked but looking at Gemini's expression, he knew that his oldest twin's son had not eaten yet.

Mix walks inside the room, and he sees Phuwin fall asleep beside Pond, still holding Pond's hand tightly. A second later, the others are also coming inside. Mix gestures not to wake Phuwin, they all know that Phuwin needs it.

Three days, yet there's no sign of Pond being awake. Everyone was physically and mentally exhausted but trying to stay positive. They have already been through crucial times, what they can only do is wait for Pond to open his eyes.

Three days turned into Four and then Five, and now it's been a week. Phuwin always stays by Pond's side. Always. Every day.

"P'Pond...it's been a week...why didn't you open your eyes?" Phuwin mumbled, holding Pond's hand close to his forehead.

"Don't you want to hear my confession too?"

"Don't you want to quarrel with me again?"

"Don't you want to see Fourth debut? Don't you want to hear that your best friend is dating my Hia?"

Phuwin can't stop throwing many questions, even the nurse who is doing the checkup from time to time can't help feeling sympathy for him.

"P'Pond...I miss your flirting joke, I miss being irritated with you...I miss your annoying look while you smirk, I miss your voice when you call my name... I miss you..."

"...please open your eyes..."

Phuwin was tired of crying, his tears are dried now. He keeps thinking why Pond didn't open his eyes even though the surgery was successful.

Suddenly, the room door opens. Two tall handsome young men come inside with fruit baskets in their hands. Phuwin recognizes one of them, it's James.

James put the fruit basket and small bucket of flowers on the table. He then walks towards Phuwin, he smiles.

"How's Pond?" He asked

"Huh...uh...nothing changes, P'Pond still does not show a sign," Phuwin answered rather surprised

This is the first time he even talks to James, honestly, he doesn't know how to react since he knows that James is Pond's ex-boyfriend.

Phuwin also notices the person next to James, who keeps holding James's waist. Phuwin frowned, he certainly knew that he had seen that guy somewhere but he didn't remember. James notices and starts to introduce him.

"Oh, this is Net, he's my..."

Before James finished his sentence, Phuwin felt movement on his hand since he never let Pond's hand go. Phuwin immediately turns to Pond, he sees Pond's eyes slowly open. Phuwin stands, the tears that supposedly dried, fall down Phuwin's cheek like a waterfall.

Pond opens his eyes, he is finally awake.

______
Annyeong yeorobun! Sawadhi kaaaa!

It's been a week since I updated. Sorry for the long wait, I know you guys eagerly want to read the continuation.

I've been busy with work, and need money so badly, so I had to work overtime. I need to help my parents pay the debts that were honestly caused by my older brother. Since my dad had already retired from work, my eldest bro didn't care about them, and my troublemaker bro used the excuse of his family to say he didn't have enough money, and I was the only one who should help them. Honestly, I'm, mentally exhausted 😭 like they never care about me, only my money. I Have to give up the ticket to go to the Nanon concert in Japan next month, I've been waiting for years for that. But if I don't do it, I can't even pay for my rent or meal until next month. 😭

Anyway, I hope you guys love this chapter. Finally, Pond is awake.

Don't worry, I'm going to update the next chapter within hours so please wait na. 🤭🤭