Chapter Forty Four

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

WELCOME BACK

DUNK POV

It has been a week since Pond's surgery, and although it was successful, he has not yet woken up. Everyone is mentally exhausted, especially his parents and Fourth, but I am most worried about Phuwin and Joong.

Phuwin resigned as Math Club President to be able to make time for visiting Pond at the hospital every day. After school, he would run to the bus station to catch a bus to the hospital and would rarely go back home, spending most nights there. Although I offered to give him a ride, Phuwin refused, using my upcoming final exams as an excuse.

I was seriously worried about him, and even though Gemini tried to persuade him, it was no use. Uncle Earth and Uncle Mix allowed Phuwin to stay with Pond, with the exception that it did not affect his academics.

Dad and Papa are also worried about Phuwin, but no matter what we say, he remains determined to be there for Pond. So, we have let him be, as long as he does not neglect his health.

The other person I am worried about is my boyfriend, Joong, who is also Pond's best friend. Since we go to different schools, I constantly worry about him. Fourth informs me about his condition almost every day. It's not like I don't communicate with him or go to his school to pick him up and take Fourth to the hospital since Joong's knee is still in recovery, but whenever I ask if he is okay, he always responds that he is fine. I know he is not.

Today, I plan to pick up Joong and Fourth again to go to the hospital. I parked my car in front of Joong's school gate, and as usual, I waited inside the car.

I spotted Joong walking alone.

Hm? Where's Fourth? I thought.

Joong opened the passenger side, and he then kissed me on the cheek. "Hey, babe," he said then put the seatbelt on.

"Where's Nong Fourth?"

"Dad needs him in the company to discuss further plans for his band debut, so he went with his bandmate," Joong answered, "He'll be coming after that,"

I nodded and then started driving to the hospital.

While driving, I keep glancing at Joong. He is usually handsome but after what happened with Pond, he looks miserable yet still handsome but gloomy.

"Babe, I'm fine," Joong said suddenly

I guess he can read my mind, "I know but I'm still worried about you," I said

"I know, I'm sorry," he said, his voice sounding down and sad.

I pulled my car to the side of the road and switched my attention to him. I look at him, scanning his face. I can easily spot a dark circle under his eyes.

I sighed. I chopped his face with both my hands. Joong looks so surprised.

"Joong, who do you think I am?" I said

"My boyfriend?" Joong respond

"Do you think I didn't notice?" I said, "The gloomy atmosphere, the dark circle under your eyes, and your hoarse voice..."

Joong smiled, "As expected from HARROW's Captain, always notice even a little detail," he said while chuckling

"Ter..." I frowned, I don't like when Joong is joking about his health like this, especially when he's still in the middle of recovery.

Joong smiled, and he pulled me close, although it was quite cramped in the car yet he effortlessly pulled me into his lap.

Damn it Joong, you look miserable yet you still have the strength of a Bull.

Joong kisses my cheeks repeatedly and wraps his hands around my waist. He starts to kiss my neck, it's tickling at first but suddenly starts to get intense.

"Dunk..." Joong called my name in his raspy voice while looking at me longingly.

Whenever Joong looks at me like that, somehow I can't resist myself.

Damn it, Dunk! Pull yourself together, and think where you at! You are still in the car and on the side of the road.

"Joong, we shouldn't-"

Joong pulled my face and kissed me.

Don't blame me if I get carried away, Joong is an awfully good kisser. It's hot and addictive.

We kissed for a very long time, so I had to take a breath in the middle of it. Joong kisses my neck again, his hand starts rummaging inside my shirt. I stopped him.

"Joong, we're still in the public space..." I said

Joong didn't hear what I said and kept touching my skin and started undressing my shirt. Shit Joong!

"Joong..."

Joong keeps kissing my neck and then moves to kiss my lips again.

We need to stop.

"Uh...hm.Joong...we shouldn't...ah..."

And now he moves down, starting to touch my groin. We should stop here!

"JOONG!" I shouted. Pulled out from his kiss.

Joong looks surprised and realizes what he has done, "Dunk...sorry...I didn't mean..."

I touched his cheek, "It's okay," I said and moved myself back to the driver's seat.

"Sorry Dunk, I didn't know what got into me," Joong said in a guilty voice.

I pulled him close and kissed him. "Ter, it's ok na, I understand, ok," I said and he smiled

Before we continue our way to the hospital, suddenly There's an incoming call from Phuwin. Since my phone connected with the car Bluetooth we both could hear him.

"Phu, what is it? We will arrive in a min-..."

"Hia! P'Pond is awake!" Phuwin shouting on the phone.

We were both surprised.

Joong shouted, "Dunk, let's hurry!" He said

"Phu, we will be there in a minute!" I said, I could hear Phuwin's voice trembling, it's not a sad cry but a happy cry.

"Joong, can you-"

"Gem, you with Fourth right, tell him Pond is awake!" I heard Joong already on the phone with Gemini. I think he was so excited about the news.

"...ok, thanks, Gem," he then ended the call.

Not long, we arrived at the hospital. We ran as fast as we could to Pond's room. We arrived at the same time with Uncle Earth and Mix. Both of them were in front of the room, they also spotted us and we all went inside.

We see Phuwin still beside Pond who is now fully awake, but Phuwin is not alone, I didn't talk about Dr. Force but the other 2 guys. It's James and the other 1 I didn't know but somehow I saw him somewhere.

Uncle Earth and Uncle Mix walk closely to Pond, crying in happiness. I notice James walking close to us, the other guy also following him. I think he wants to talk with Joong so I tried to give him space for them to talk but Joong stopped me and pulled me beside him.

James stopped his way, he stared at Joong's hand who held mine. Somehow there's a heavy atmosphere around them.

What is going on?

Then I got distracted by the sudden commotion from Fourth who is just coming inside shouting and crying 'Hiiaaaaa'.

I switch my attention to the now awake Pond. Although he still wearing the ventilator but I can see his expression. He smiled.

"Welcome back," I said.

_________
Double update!!

A little bit of sweetness and hot time from Joong Dunk 🤭

Pond is awake! After many depressing chapters, finally, a happy chapter coming.....I think 😏

Anyway, hope you guys like it. I will update you again tomorrow!

See ya! 😘