0 4

Superstar Sh*t - Dominick Fike

Sofia, Friday

"I don't think ditching school is a good idea." I murmur to Phoebe as we sit in her car.

"Don't think of it as ditching. Thinking of it as...a mental day." She shrugs, putting her car in reverse and exiting my driveway.

"A mental day...at Brody's house?"

"It's like 100 degrees outside, no one's going to school anyways." She shrugs, turning up the AC then the radio. "Plus they're having friends over, Chris says he wants us to meet them."

Oh...yay?

*

*

We get into the house, and I can immediately hear loud loving and chatter, following the noise to the backyard. There's a lot of guys lingering around, some of them shirtless tossing a football around, some of them standing around drinking and talking to each other.

"Hey,"

I look up, smiling. It quickly drops when I see Mason, and i frown instead

"What happened?" I examine the dark bruise on his cheek, and the cut on his lip.

Is it wrong of me to think he looks good with a cut lip and a bruise?

Because zoo wee mama this man

"Messing around." He shrugs, looking me up and down but stopping, his eyes focusing on my abdomen. I furrow my eyebrows, looking down and back up at him. "You didn't have that last week."

I look down again, realizing what he's talking about.

"I did," I correct him, messing with the pink heart belly piercing. "I just wasn't wearing any jewelry." I explain, and he hums.

"But you're scared of needles." I furrow my eyebrows again, and he smiles a bit. "Brody."

Duh

"Phoebe held my hand." I shrug in response. "These are your other friends?"

"Coworkers..." He trails off with a shrug. "You gonna swim?" He nods at the pool, where there's already a few guys swimming around, including Gabe who is currently attempting to drown some other guy.

"No, i'm okay." I reply with a smile, sitting on a pool chair and putting my legs up. He sits in the one next to me, and I turn to him. "So, what kind of messing around got you a black eye?" I ask curiously.

"A fight." He shrugs.

"A fight?" I ask back. "Hope the other guy looks worse."

"Other guy is dead."

I laugh at that, sitting back in my chair and letting out a quiet breath.

The sun is beating down on my skin, hard, and it makes me appreciative of the fact that I always put on sunscreen. Courtesy of my Tia, she never let me leave the house without it when we stayed with her.  

I grab the sunglasses from my purse, putting them over over my eyes and I hear Mason chuckle quietly from next to me. I look over, and he's just watching my silently.

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"You're cute."

The comment makes my cheeks go warm, and even I can't blame the hot sun on the likely redness of my cheeks.

"Come on," He stands up, and I furrow my eyebrows when he holds a hand out to me. I take it, standing up as well. 

"Where're we going?" I question curiously as he leads me through the yard, over to Brody who is currently throwing the football back and forth with a few guys I don't recognize.