Kabanata 3

Kabanata 3

Tied

One hell of a week had passed, and I was still imprisoned in this old dusty room. I have not felt the sunlight touch my skin. My skin was showing paleness.

I never get to see Diablos Sartori again after that day. Only his two men who I heard, Gael as his consigliere, and Kleinhurt as his underboss.

A consigliere is a counselor or an adviser of the boss. I expected that Gael knows more than Kleinhurt. Gael do critical thinking and had the power to change the boss' decision. Kleinhurt only deliver the boss' orders, or could be a substitute boss when it comes to emergency meetings where the boss could not be able to attend. However, the underboss had a high rank than the consigliere.

That's it. I need to be close to Gael. Maybe he could convince the boss to give me freedom from these four creaky walls. The building looked like it was slowly eaten up by decrepitude in years. Its walls and ceiling seemed infirm and unstable.

But it doesn't really looked like what it seems.

It was sturdy and hard as stone when I tried to kick a wall. It would not break. My eyes were tricked by the feeble appearance of its surface and texture.

The building just needed a thorough general cleaning and some repairs, and it will be functional again.

Preoccupied the whole day, I did not even take a quick glance from the door when it carefully opened by someone from outside.

It's not him. It's always Gael. S'ya lang iyong parang may pakialam talaga sa kalagayan ko. Kleinhurt was as heartless as their boss.

"Here's your lunch," inilapag ni Gael ang isang tray ng pagkain ko sa paanan ng malaking kama.

"Where's your boss? It's been days, he never showed himself here again," I asked out of curiosity and acting hard to look innocent. "Is it because of the doctor? Yvanita? She's here?"

"Yes, he's busy, and they're not here. They're staying in a hotel."

Napanguso ako sa kaniyang naging sagot at bumagsak ang tingin ko sa aking mga palad na nakapatong sa mga hita ko.

Ano naman? Walang pawang katotohanan itong nararamdaman ko. I was pretending, remember? I got carried away from all this act, that's all.

"She can calm him right? Why can't he release me then? I want to go home," the words just slipped out of my tongue.

No. Why did I sound like a jealous girlfriend? I was supposed to appear mad and loathed them. I despised their nature. That's what I must dramatize for.

"What do you mean?"

I got statued on my place when I hear a smidgeon of pure curiosity smudged in his every words.

Oh, I see. Someone was left in the dark. They didn't know why their boss kept me? With a special treatment of foods? When they should have starve me to death if I was truly their hostage.

Palihim akong ngumisi sa isip ko sa pumasok na ideya.

What if I share him a secret? The untold reason of their boss.

"He told me that I can calm him that's why he's imprisoning me," pa-inosente kong saad kay Gael.

"In what way?" he was squeezing the information out of me.

"T-Tasting me. . ." I gasped for air, portraying vulnerability.

"F*ck," he cussed. "You're in great danger."

Saka ko lamang inangat ang tingin sa kaniya. Tila na alerto ako roon kahit alam ko naman na nasa panganib naman talaga ako simula noong mga oras na dumapo sa akin ang agresibong tingin ng kanilang boss.