Kabanata 28

Kabanata 28

Betray

"Magsabi ka ng totoo, Diablos! Nagsisinungaling ka lang! Please! Sabihin mo'ng hindi totoo. Paniniwalaan kita!" may tatak ng pagkamuhi sa aking tumataas na boses.

He tilted his head. Analyzing my reaction. "I killed your bloodline, little muffin. No matter what you think of me, it doesn't change the fact that I am the mastermind of the massacre."

I desperately shook my head and pushed his hard chest. "H-Hindi ikaw!"

"Kaya hindi ko masabi sa'yo dahil ako ang nagpapapatay sa buong angkan mo."

"N-No, Diablos-"

"Look at me. . ." Agresibo n'ya akong mahigpit na hinawakan sa magkabilang braso ko at marahan akong inaalog. Ginigising ako sa katotoganan. Dumilim ang kaniyang ekspresyon. "You should be scared of me. I murdered your bloodline, muffin. I took vengeance for my origin. Your family started the war. They exterminated the Sicilian Mafia. We're bad guys. We tend to be in our worst and lose control when we're provoked."

Ang sakit sa dibdib. Tila kinakapos ako ng hangin. Iniisip ko pa lang na tinatraydor ko ang sariling angkan ko. Sa paraan ng pagkakaroon ng koneksiyon at lumalalim na nararamdaman para sa taong may pakana ng krimen na iyon.

I can't forgive myself. It's slowly plugging in my mind. I realized how the signs just connect and it all leads to him.

"The Montalvo is a fucking trash. Except for you, my little muffin. They should execute those who are in the government. The corruption has never stopped, and they're pushing more civilians back to poverty. While the politicians are savouring the people's money," he continued and tightened his grip on both of my arms.

Sobrang lapit ng kaniyang guwapo'ng mukha sa akin at hindi n'ya binibitiwan ang aming masidhing pagtitigan. I could smell his musk scent that's fondling in my nose and it calmed me somehow.

Kung nasa ibang situwasiyon pa lang kami ay baka magawa ko pang mamangha at sambahin ang kaniyang kakisigan at pagiging matipuno.

But no. The anger rapidly burns in me like a wildfire. Forging my heart into a weapon that cuts down any defenses in the way.

A small gasp escaped from my parted lips when he pulled me closer that resulted our noses and foreheads to touch.

"Why us? Why did they choose to exterminate the Sicilian Mafia? When we contributed more than sixty percent in their country banks and less than forty percent came from the taxes of the community," he snarled at me.

Kung makapagsalita ito ay parang nabubuhay s'ya sa mga panahong nangyari ang pagka-ubos ng Sicilian Mafia.

I pulled my head away from him, and tried to break away from his tight grip.

"B-Because of your crimes! Human trafficking! Drug trafficking! Gambling! Prostitution! Assault! Extortion! Robbery-"

"Sicilian Mafia does that to other criminals and gives the money back to the people. No human trafficking. No children involved. There's prostitution but those women applied themselves willingly. We take pockets from the billionaires who are fucking horny and give those money to the government to help those who are in need. Only to be stolen by those fuckshits for their own gain."

I gritted my teeth and continued. "Abducting-"

"We're just trying to trace someone and if none of the abductees. They'll be free and they're given half a million to start their life again," matigas n'yang paliwanag.

Nakakaramdam na ako ng kaunting sakit sa paraan ng higpit na pagkakahawak n'ya sa aking magkabilang braso. I ignored it and fought his roughened eyes that were sharply glowering at me.