Kabanata 13

Kabanata 13

Plan

"D-Diablos. . . Diablos, no!" sigaw ko nang marahas nitong pinaharap iyong lalaking Ruano at pinagsusuntok.

Kaagad na lumapit sa akin ang tatlong babaeng magkakapatid upang mailayo ako sa kanilang dalawa.

I gritted my teeth as I watched how violent was Diablos. He was not performing any martial arts, but he was beating the Ruano man continuously.

Lumalaban naman iyong lalaking Ruano pero naiilagan nga lang iyon ni Diablos.

Taking a step forward, I attempted to go to them and stop the two when no one tried to. The men in the other lounge just watched the like it was an entertainment show.

Bumagsak ang aking tingin sa kamay na humawak aa aking braso upang pigilan ako sa aking binabalak.

"He can't be stopped," Zenobia was the one who keep me on my place.

"What do you mean? He's beating your brother. You have to do something," my brows almost met in frowning.

"Right now, he can't hear anyone. Not even you. He's deafened by violence. He's seeing red and anyone who would get in his way will be damned," ani Zeinab habang walang empsyong inoobserbahan ang dalawang nagbubugbugan.

"And your brother?" May bahid ng kaunting pag-aalala sa boses ko.

"He'll be alright. He's a Ruano," si Zebiana naman iyong sumagot.

Minutes, probably two or three. I was just tapping my foot on the floor. I was uneasy and edgy. The scene of so much violence without valid reason bothered me.

The sound of a jaw breaking, noise of bones cracking, flesh against flesh. I could not take to watch more of it.

"I can't just stand here and watch him like this," I muttered to myself before I walked towards the two.

Hindi ako nagpapigil at mabuti ay hinayaan naman ako ng magkakapatid.

Nakakatakot dahil wala akong ideya sa kung ano maaari ang gagawin sa akin ni Diablos.

The Ruano man collapsed on the floor after Diablos gave him a hard blow. I took that as my cue to interfere. I grabbed his masculine arm before he could even kick the side of the Ruano man.

"Diablos, stop! We're not here for that-"

My whole body turned rigid when Diablos turned and set his eyes on me.

His eyes. His eyes where the savagery was alive. The violence in it was burning. I never saw that in him before. Only the aggressiveness and roughness, but not as brutal as this.

Today, he looked. . . monstrous. It made my hair on my nape raised. I almost flinch from his searing gaze.

Wala sa sariling binitiwan ko ang kaniyang braso dahil ramdam ko ang pangamba sa aking dibdib.

"You fucking let him touch you," he said in an almost growl.

I shivered from his rough tone. "I didn't know that he'll do that, Diablos. Calm down, it's just a touch-"

Mariin akong pumikit nang marahas n'yang hinawakan ang aking braso.

"Just a touch? Ako lang dapat ang makakahawak sa'yo, tang ina."

"D-Diablos, please calm down. You're hurting me," nauutal ako dahil sa abot abot na kaba.

Nanlilisik ang kaniyang mga matang matalim ang titig sa akin. "I'm done trying to be good to you, Aoife. It's not that bad to be bad after all."