3.

May 27th, 2022
Same Day

Ayariah Chanel Jackson-Anthony

I pulled into the driveway of my next client's house, should I really be calling her a client? She Amari's best friend, they say that's all it is. She's my girl to be honest and she's on the cheerleading team. I hope she takes my position as captain. She real chill, got some sass and attitude to her. This my first time coming to her house. She usually came to me whenever I did her hair. Earlier, she called saying she had to watch her nephew so I just came to her.

Putting my car in park, I picked up my phone to call Kemiah. She didn't answer so I texted her to let her know I was outside. I hate knocking on people's door, especially waiting for them to open the door. Something about waiting just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm just impatient.

While I waited for her to text me back or come outside, I pushed my seat back and started editing a video for my hair page. I noticed a fine-ass nigga walking in and out of the house with boxes and toys. Each time he walked outside, he looked at my car.

"Incoming call: Kemiah," Siri said through the speakers.

I answered the phone as I continued to watch this nigga walk back inside the house. Before he walked inside, he looked at my car again.

Kemiah📣
Connecting...

"Hey girl, you outside?" Kemiah asked.

"Yeah, come open the door" I turned the car off.

There was a little shuffling in the background, but there was also a male voice.

"You got niggas pulling up or sum?"

"No, but can you open the front door?" She responded, before speaking to me. "My brother finna get the door"

"Bet" I hung up and opened the car door.

I grabbed my keys and purse, before getting out. While I walked to my trunk, I felt a pair of eyes on me. Ignoring the feeling, I opened the trunk and pulled my travel cart from the trunk. Closing the trunk, my eyes met with the same nigga, that was putting shit in the Dodge Charger I parked next to.

Leaning on the doorframe, he watched me with his hands in his pockets. His hard stare makes me nervous and I'm not even near him. Just from his height compared to the door, I know he's tall.

Locking my doors, I slowly made my way towards the door. My eyes never leave his. The closer I got, the more nervous I got. His gaze still with me as he flicked his tongue over his lower lip. Once I reached the porch, he reached for the cart without saying a word. I let him pick it up, as I walked up the three steps.

Just my luck, my phone started ringing "Incoming Facetime: Yasiii"

Yasiii😒
Connecting...

I rolled my eyes, before answering. "Wassup"

"Where you at?" Yasir asked as he got close to the camera.

"Working" I followed Kemiah's brother in the house.

"Miah"

"You boutta do a nigga hair?" Yasir asked.

"No, but does that matter?"

"Nah, let me know when you get home and pack a bag"

"Can't do that, I'm spending the night with the twins," I responded.

Finally looking up from my phone, my eyes landed on Kemiah's brother. His face is emotionless, so it's hard for me to read him. He narrowed his down to me, studying me. My cheeks heating up, I started getting uncomfortable. Not a bad uncomfortable, a good uncomfortable. A comfortable that I could get used to.