62.

September 21st, 2022
Three weeks later

Ayariah Chanel Jackson-Anthony

It's been a few weeks since I moved into my apartment. I haven't talked to Semaj after he reacted the way he did about Tremaine being there. I made Tre leave after, but he's been coming over every couple of days to check up on me. I understood why Maj was mad, but he didn't have to react like that. He could've just asked instead of yelling in my face like some macoman.

"You're really pretty" a white girl said passing by.

"Thank you"

I'm at school right now, but I'm walking to my next class. Technically, I'm late by a few minutes. I went to Chipotle to get something to eat and the line was longer than I hoped it would be. Who knew everybody wanted Chipotle today?

Walking into the classroom, I checked my notifications.

Maj🥺💙
Stop by da shop wen yu can
Read 1:07 pm

I put my phone on Do Not Disturb and sat in the middle of the classroom, next to Trinity.  This is the only class I have with her. While putting my phone in my purse, I pulled out my laptop.

I'm not going over there because Im already kind of annoyed and whatever he has to say he can text me. Then I gotta pick Lyrix up from school and I'm already going to be late doing that cause class ends at the same time I'm supposed to pick her up.

"You okay?" Trinity nudged my arm.

"I'll tell you later"

"This bet not be more bullshit bout Maj" She mumbled.

"You know it is. I do have to tell you something though, but you can't tell the girls" I looked at her.

"You pregnant?"

"How you know that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Maj told Jo and Eryss overheard the conversation" She shrugged.

"So y'all knew and wasn't going to say anything?"

"Nope, no point if we know you gone tell us anyways" She looked at her phone.

It's crazy how shit gets around so quickly. But she is right about me telling them at some point. I just don't do it as soon as possible because it takes a minute for me to process certain shit and I be wanting to have a plan before others know. I hate not knowing what's next.

Looking at my laptop, I clicked on the text Maj just sent.

Maj🥺💙
Dont leave me on read🙄
Shit annoyin

Yariii😮‍💨💕
What do you want me to say?

Maj🥺💙
If yu gone come or not

Yariii😮‍💨💕
Well, I'm not.
Happy?

Maj🥺💙
No

Yariii😮‍💨💕
Goodbye.

Maj🥺💙
Chilllllll
I jus wanna apologize

Yariii😮‍💨💕
👂🏽

Maj🥺💙
To yo face

Yariii😮‍💨💕
I don't wanna see you.

Maj🥺💙
Bae come on
Read 1:11 pm

Rolling my eyes, I clicked out my messages and focused on what my professor was saying. I'm in my Humanities class. This is the one class I don't really like because this lady talks too much.

*****

"Yaya, I hungry" Lyrix climbed in the backseat.

"I'll stop for something" I pushed my hair behind my ear.

"Aunt, right?" A lady asked. She looks Mexican, but I know she's not Lyrix's teacher.

"Yea"

"We tried calling mom and dad earlier but didn't get an answer. But Lyrix kicked a pregnant teacher in the stomach earlier and she no longer feels safe. So-" She started but paused.

"Liar" Lyrix mumbled, pulling on the seatbelt.

"And what exactly did that lady do?" I reached into the backseat to help Lyrix buckle her seatbelt.

"She was trying to get her to stop crying"

"Now that sounds personal. Shouldn't have a pregnant lady working with a crying toddler. Close my door please" I mumbled, as I adjusted myself in my seat.

Every day it's something and this shit is stupid as fuck. Why would you have a pregnant lady working with a crying toddler in the first place? Shit makes no sense. I know Lyrix wouldn't hurt anybody on purpose. She might have a smart-ass mouth at times, but she's never hurt anybody before. So a grown-ass woman saying she doesn't feel safe because she got kicked by a crying toddler is bullshit and I don't care.

She slammed my door closed. I rolled the passenger side window down. I know her ass ain't mad cause I don't give a fuck.

"Bitch I know you ain't just slam my door"

She ignored me and kept walking away. Rolling the window up, I pushed my seat back a little. I got out of the car and quickly walked towards her.

"What's yo problem?" I pulled her arm back.

"Please don't touch me"

"No, you slamming my door like it's a problem so wassup mama" I stepped closer to her.

She forced a smile on her face, "You don't care that she kicked someone 7 months pregnant, so I don't care if I slammed your door"

"Everything alright?" A guy walked up.

"Baby you got the wrong one. Slam another muhfucking door and I promise you the next time, Ima beat the shit outta you" I put my finger in her face.

"Ma'am I'm gonna have to ask you to leave" He put his hand on my arm.

"Oh I'm leaving, she just better remember what the fuck I said"

I turned around and got back in my car. I've been annoyed all day and she's lucky I didn't slap her. Especially since I've been picking Lyrix up from school all month. This my first time seeing this lady.

Taking my car out of park, I pulled off and picked up my ringing phone without looking at the caller ID.

"What?" I put my phone to my face.

"Who pissed you off?" Maj spoke.

"What the fuck do you want?"

"You, now come to the shop"

I hung up in his face. I already told him no, and now he about to irritate me even more. I'm not mad or upset with him, I just don't want to see him. Especially after his reaction to seeing Tre. Who knows how he'll react if he finds out Tre has been around damn near every day since. It's nothing going on between us, but I know Maj got a temper when it comes to me.