33

"Relax... let your mind... go..." Professor Trelawney said.

The students gaze into the crystal balls, faces reflecting the most within, so that their very skin seems to be made of smoke.

Conspicuously, Harry, Ron, Harper and Hermione sit apart.

"Crystal-gazing requires that you clear the Inner Eye. Only then, will you... See. Oh my, what do we have here...?" Professor Trelawney said, eyeing Harry's crystal making Hermione rolls her eyes.

"Here we go again. It's the Grim! It's the Grim!" Hermione said, ignoring Harper's raised eyebrows.

"My dear, from the moment you first arrived in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of Divination like your brother. You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave." Professor Trelawney said.

Stung, Hermione starts to reply, but-- remarkably-- seems incapable of a single word. Rising gracelessly, she exits, knocking her crystal ball to the floor.

"In late spring, one of our number will leave us forever!" Lavender remembers what Professor Trelawney had said before. "You know, Professor! You saw."

Harper sighed and packed up everything of his that was on the table, standing up and walks out of the classroom. Smiling at Hermione when she snapped her head up to look at who it is.

Hermione returned the smile and wrapped her arm around Harper's shoulders, walking down the corridor.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

Harry, leading Ron, Harper and Hermione, walks towards Hagrid's hut.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak! It's too horrible." Harper said, shaking his head.

"I thought you could see the future." Ron said, looking away when Harper glared at him.

"I need physical contact, idiot." Harper said, muttering the last part under his breath.

"It just got worse." Harry said.

Ron, Harper and Hermione follow his gaze and see Malfoy, along with Crabbe and Goyle, lurking within a grouping of monolithic menhirs, binoculars in hand, spying on Hagrid, who stands in the pumpkin patch, tossing dead ferrets to Buckbeak.

Hagrid wipes his eyes, lopes into the hut.

"Did you see the big, fat blubbering oaf?! Oh, this is going to be rich. Did I tell you, Father said I can keep the head--" Malfoy looks up, smiling. "Ah. Come to see the show."

"You... foul... loathsome... evil... little cockroach..." Harper said as Malfoy stumbles back against a tree, cross-eyed with fear as Harper jabs the tip of his wand under his nose.

"Harper, no!" Ron said, Harper turns to look at him. "He's not worth it."

Harper nods, then quick as lightning, lands a punch right to Malfoy's jaw, putting him flat on his back.

Stunned, Malfoy leaps to his feet and runs, Crabbe and Goyle huffing and puffing behind.

"I've been waiting too long to do that." Harper said, rubbing his hand.

》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚《

The quartet makes their way down the slope and past Buckbeak, chewing on a ferret with idle satisfaction.