Jaxson's Pov: Day 2

(Interview)

The bright light from the interview room blinded my vision.

My heart was aching more than I could ever imagine.

He's gone. Anthony is gone. My brother is gone.

Valerie and Callum walked in and sat across from me. I didn't even want to look at them.

I saw Callum with a hint of a smile on his lips. What was he smiling for?

Valerie: Okay, Jaxson, I'm going to ask you a few questions and I want you to remember as much as you can.

Is she serious right now? She acts like I'm new to this.

Jaxson: I know how this works. Ask away.

Valerie: Right. So what is Anthony to you?

Jaxson: Anthony is my step brother, my mom and his dad got together when I was 16 and Anthony was 3.

Valerie: And where does Anthony live?

Jaxson: Anthony lives with me.

Valerie: Okay. When was the last time you saw Anthony?

Jaxson: I saw him this morning when he came to visit the office. I think it was around 10:40 AM?

Valerie: And did you notice any strange behavior that Anthony was having? Was he acting weird at all?

Jaxson: No, he seemed perfectly normal. He said he didn't want to go to the town party but I assumed it was because he was lazy and just wanted to stay home.

I wanted to be done with this interview. Looking at Valerie made me sick.

Valerie: Do you think he didn't want to go for another reason?

Jaxson: Anthony tells me almost everything. If there was a real reason that he didn't want to go, then I believe he would have told me.

He wouldn't even have gone in the first place if I didn't make him. I didn't want to think about that. I would not break down again.

Callum: But what if he didn't? What if he was keeping it a secret from you?

Callum opened up his mouth for some reason.

Jaxson: I believe he wouldn't do that.

Callum: But what if he did? What if there was a real reason that he didn't want to go but you forced him to go anyway?

I did force him to go. The weight of that will never leave me, no matter how long I live.

Callum: Anthony was friends with Hammerhead and Sling and they are known for being the town's troublemakers. Do you know if they were planning to do something at today's event?

Jaxson: No.

Callum: That's funny because the report says that Hammerhead had drugs in his pocket. It's inferred that they were planning to sell and Anthony and Sling were with him when this exchange was supposed to happen. Does Anthony do drugs?

Was he accusing my brother of doing drugs? Anthony would never.

He would never, right? No he would never.