Chapter 19: Day 11

I was exhausted.

I spent another night at the office and my head was pounding.

I had gotten the police officers to keep an eye on the three main suspects, Sebastian, Benson and Peter, but they haven't done anything that has been suspicious.

Even then, they weren't really suspects, I didn't have hard evidence on them.

I haven't had any coffee, I'm pretty sure there was a coffee machine here. I'll probably just use that today.

I only got 3 hours of rest at home before deciding to come back to work.

I heard talking before even opening the door that led to the office.

There were a bunch of police officers milling around.

Sarge is making them survey the street and make sure that it is safe. The last thing we needed was another homicide. They had probably just finished their meeting because they were just chatting with each other while sipping coffee.

I immediately made my way to the coffee pot, there was fresh coffee already in there.

I would need that before I do anything else.

My hand was reaching to take the pot but then somebody else got in front of me and snatched the pot away.

I turned to my right and felt his smug smile before I even saw it.

Ray.

Ray: Sorry, sweetheart, coffee is very important for me.

Valerie: Don't call me sweetheart.

Ray: What? Speak up.

I had mumbled, not being in the mood to deal with Ray, and there he was staring at me while he was putting the last bit of coffee into his blue canteen.

I wanted to run over that blue canteen with my car.

He then turned his back to me as he was putting the coffee pot back into its place.

He was taking a while to put it back.

Valerie: Hello?

He then faced me, looking calm.

Ray: All yours.

I turned around as I saw him lean back on his chair while looking at me.

I turned back around.

There was no more coffee in the pot. It's okay I'll just make more, in the way I like it.

I put the coffee pot in the machine and clicked the power button but something was wrong.

The machine made a weird grinding noise and then before I could even figure out what was going on, coffee splattered all over me and all over the countertop.

The smell of coffee drenched my nose.

Beads of coffee were dripping down my shirt. Some had gotten in my hair.