Chapter 1: Burn Divine-level techniques as firewood

Eastern Region.

Celestial River Sect.

Veil Peak.

In the midst of the cold twelfth lunar month, the world was blanketed in snow, as far as the eye could see.

"Sigh..."

Clothed in layers of cotton, Zhong Qing sat beside the stove, unable to suppress a long sigh.

He had traversed this world for five years, spending all five years on Veil Peak.

Despite being one of the Celestial River Sect's Seven Peaks, Veil Peak was merely a title for Zhong Qing, with practically no significance.

Zhong Qing's elevation to Peak Master was largely due to his master, Daoist Nai.

While other peaks were teeming with disciples, Daoist Nai remained alone until he reluctantly took Zhong Qing as his disciple.

It was less a matter of Daoist Nai seeing something in him and more of a necessity, picking up Zhong Qing by chance to fulfill a task.

Being Daoist Nai's first disciple, Zhong Qing's presence caused quite a stir in the Celestial River Sect at the time.

Zhong Qing had believed he possessed remarkable talent and anticipated reaching the pinnacle of life.

But who would have known? He was nothing but a complete waste.

Nevertheless, Daoist Nai didn't seek another disciple, and Zhong Qing received all the treatment he was entitled to.

Initially, life was decent. Despite being the only two on Veil Peak, Daoist Nai's strength was sufficient to match other peaks, and no one dared to gossip.

However, everything changed when Daoist Nai's life token shattered during one of his travels, leaving behind his helpless disciple.

Due to Daoist Nai's significant contributions to the sect, Veil Peak was not dissolved but passed down to Zhong Qing, his sole disciple.

In a declining era, without Daoist Nai's support, Zhong Qing's days became increasingly difficult.

As a transmigrator, Zhong Qing had not missed out on the benefits of transmigration.

Less than a month after Daoist Nai's death, he awakened a system that allowed him to sign in daily.

Just as Zhong Qing thought he was finally about to reach the peak of life, he discovered that the system was utterly useless!

Because the rewards from daily sign-ins had nothing to do with cultivation.

For instance, the sacred-grade cultivation technique he held was obtained through signing in.

Cultivation techniques and treasures were graded from one to nine, with ranks beyond nine including King, Emperor, Venerable, Celestial, and Emperor.

A Celestial-grade cultivation technique was undoubtedly high-level, capable of causing a bloodbath with a mere flick. However, for someone like him, who lacked cultivation, having techniques alone was useless...

What's the point?

Zhong Qing tossed the cultivation technique directly into the nearby stove.

The flames blazed brightly, casting a warm glow on Zhong Qing's reddened face.

Of course, it was uncomfortable!

On such a cold day, how long could a book last when burned? Wouldn't it freeze him?

Zhong Qing got up and dragged over a sack filled with cultivation techniques from the side, tossing several into the stove from time to time to keep the fire burning brightly.