Chapter 7: We Were Disrespectful Before

Although these martial arts were the ones Lin Feng didn't choose, it didn't mean they were garbage or inferior. On the contrary, each one was a seismic-level existence.

However, they were just burned like that. Isn't this wasting treasures?

Lin Feng felt a pang of pain as well.

"Master, why did you burn such good martial arts?" Lin Feng asked with a puzzled expression.

"I have plenty of these things, and keeping them would take up too much space," Zhong Qing said indifferently.

Lin Feng: ???

Old Sword: ???

Listen.

Was this something a human would say?

However, Zhong Qing didn't think much of it and continued to add martial arts to the stove. Although he knew these martial arts were powerful, having too many of them made them less precious in his eyes. He couldn't just give them away everywhere, as it would cause him trouble before his cultivation reached a certain level. Plus, his crappy sign-in function was still in progress.

Before long, the copper pot started to hum. Zhong Qing lifted the pot and brewed himself a pot of tea. Holding the teapot, he slowly stood up and said to Lin Feng behind him, "Come with me."

"Yes!" Lin Feng respectfully replied and followed Zhong Qing to another room.

In the room were various weapons.

"Choose one that suits you," Zhong Qing said indifferently.

As Lin Feng and Old Sword approached, they realized that these seemingly ordinary weapons were all spiritual. They contained terrifying energy that sent shivers down their spines.

Old Sword, who had just calmed down a bit, became agitated again. Clearly, these weapons were of the same high level as the martial arts they had just seen.

"Kid, hurry up and choose!" Old Sword urged anxiously.

At this moment, Lin Feng couldn't contain his excitement. With Old Sword's assistance, they finally made a decision.

It was a pitch-black greatsword named Ink Blade.

Lin Feng fondled the Ink Blade in his hand, unable to contain his excitement. Today's gains were too great for him. Even if he had followed his original path smoothly to the highest peak, he wouldn't have achieved everything he had now.

"Kid, we were too hasty before."

"We thought your master was useless, but he revealed his Star Xuan cultivation. We thought he was only at the Star Xuan level, but now we realize he's far more than that. I was probably just trash in front of him during my prime!"

"We were too disrespectful before. Kneel down and sincerely call him Master again!"

In the space of the Sign-In, Old Sword reminded Lin Feng solemnly.

At this moment, he realized that he had underestimated his master. This person's background must be extraordinary.

And it wasn't until now that he realized his concealment techniques were nonexistent in front of Zhong Qing.

It took him a while to realize that Zhong Qing, his master, had already noticed his existence. His little tricks were nothing in front of him!

At this moment, Old Sword was almost scared out of his wits. He recalled the words he had said before and how he had looked down on Zhong Qing. Unknowingly, he felt weak in the knees.

"Senior, I was wrong, I'm guilty."

"I was too hasty before and shouldn't have offended you with my words."

In the space of the Sign-In, Old Sword's soul bent down, sincerely repenting to Zhong Qing.

In fact, Zhong Qing didn't know about Old Sword's various acts. He mentioned the Old Sword because he had some thoughts. If he guessed correctly, the Old Sword and his disciple should share the same fortune. So he considered it and decided to let the Old Sword take care of the teaching aspect. Even though he had many good things, and his strength would increase quickly, he might not be better at teaching than the Old Sword.

And the faster Lin Feng cultivated, the faster he would benefit from it. Therefore, the Old Sword could become his strongest assistant!

How could he let go of such a powerful assistant?

"This is a soul-strengthening elixir, take it," Zhong Qing took out a medicinal herb from his storage ring and handed it to Lin Feng. This medicinal herb was also obtained through the sign-in, and he had many similar items.

"My God!!!"

Seeing this elixir, Old Sword widened his eyes. Then, he burst into tears of gratitude.

He had never expected that Zhong Qing, instead of holding grudges, would give him such a precious soul-strengthening elixir. For him, who was seriously injured, even if Lin Feng smoothly reached the end according to the plan, he only had a ten percent chance of resurrection. Moreover, it was uncertain whether Lin Feng would be able to reach the end of the cultivation path. Therefore, he, Old Sword, had little chance of seeing the light of day again in his life.

But with this elixir, although he couldn't immediately resurrect and start a new life, he had come infinitely closer to it. When he could resurrect, it would be a hundred percent chance, with only a short time issue!

This was equivalent to what?

Equivalent to giving him a new life!

This kind of favor made Old Sword kneel down and kowtow heavily in the Sign-In space.

Lin Feng also trembled as he accepted the soul-strengthening elixir, kneeling down on the ground as well. For Old Sword, this soul-strengthening elixir meant everything.

"Master, please accept another bow from Lin Feng. I swear here that I will practice diligently and not disappoint you. If Master needs me to climb a mountain of knives or wade through a sea of fire, even if I fall into hell and never reincarnate, I will not hesitate," Lin Feng said earnestly, kneeling down and making a solemn vow.

He understood that Zhong Qing had given him and Old Sword a new life and a new purpose!