Chapter 31: Zhong Qing's Preparedness

One year ago, on a certain day.

An old man from the Tianyun Sect passed by Fengtian City and was immediately impressed by Murong Xue's talent.

He then took Murong Xue as his disciple on the spot.

Upon hearing this news, the Lin family was also delighted, including Lin Feng.

He and Murong Xue had grown up together since childhood, almost like childhood sweethearts.

Moreover, she was his fiancée, so naturally, Lin Feng hoped for her well-being.

After all, the Tianyun Sect was a top-tier force in the Eastern Region, and there were rumors that it would become one of the sacred places in the Eastern Region in a hundred years.

But everything changed after Murong Xue joined the Tianyun Sect.

She was found to have a golden talent and became the Saintess of the Tianyun Sect in one fell swoop.

Six months later, she came down the mountain and went straight to the Lin family.

The Lin family warmly welcomed her, thinking she had come to share the good news of her golden talent.

But little did they know, for the Lin family, it was a bolt from the blue.

Including Lin Feng, the entire Lin family was belittled in her words, making them seem worthless.

The implication was that the current Lin family was no match for her, Murong Xue.

On that day, Lin Feng's grandfather died of anger.

Lin Han, Lin Feng's father, vomited blood in anger.

He was about to confront his sworn brother, Murong Hai, about this matter, but Murong Hai refused to see him.

From then on, Lin Feng and the Lin family became the laughingstock of Fengtian City, being targeted by others, and the family's strength declined from a top-tier family to a second-rate one.

Lin Feng, deeply affected, shouted: "Give me three years. I will definitely defeat you within three years, wash away today's shame, and make you regret your decision today."

Thus, the three-year agreement came into being.

Of course, this was met with a sneer from Murong Xue.

What does it matter if you give me three years?

Daring to vie with the moon for glory, even though you are just a speck of dust, she thought, and left confidently.

At the same time, the entire Murong family moved with her and directly went to the Tianyun Sect.

"Ah, another melodramatic story," Zhong Qing couldn't help but sigh.

People.

When things are good, they are good, and when they are bad, they are bad. Lin Feng and the others should have realized the gap between them and Murong Xue from the beginning, and they were not unwilling to end the engagement.

But to deliberately trample on the people who were once close to satisfy one's vanity was beyond comprehension.

Even though he couldn't empathize with Lin Feng's situation, as his master, Zhong Qing felt extremely angry upon hearing this.

So what if she has a golden talent?

With his disciple's hundredfold increase in strength plus divine-level techniques, who is not worthy of whom?

"So when do you plan to go to the Tianyun Sect?" Zhong Qing asked.

"In a month," Lin Feng tightened his fists. "Although I want to go up the mountain now and am confident in defeating her to redeem my honor, it's not enough."