Chapter 4:He's Not a Waste, How Could He...

"Congratulations, Host, for successfully accepting Lin Feng as a disciple and activating 1/2 Waste Bond."

"The effect of 1/2 Waste Bond: The disciple gains a hundredfold increase in cultivation, and the disciple's cultivation is returned a thousandfold to the Host. At the same time, the Host can manually activate or deactivate the disciple's cultivation increase as desired."

"Congratulations, Host, for activating the bond function for the first time. As a reward, the Host's cultivation directly reaches the Star Profound Realm."

"Congratulations, Host, for activating 1/2 Waste Bond for the first time. As a reward, the Host gains the Misty Halo. The effect of the Misty Halo: No one can see the fluctuations in the Host's cultivation."

"Congratulations, Host, for possessing cultivation for the first time. As a reward, the Host gains the Heavenly Eye. The effect of the Heavenly Eye: The Host can see through anyone's secrets with a glance."

Upon hearing the voice from the system in his mind, Zhong Qing's face was filled with excitement.

The cultivation he had longed for was finally here!

In his excitement, he felt a powerful surge of energy from heaven and earth flowing into his body unnoticed by anyone.

"So, this is the cultivation of the Star Profound Realm?" Zhong Qing felt the immense power within him and couldn't help but smile.

He never imagined that the rewards would be so generous, directly elevating him to the cultivation of the Star Profound Realm.

In this world, cultivation was divided into Body Refinement, Postnatal, Prenatal, Celestial Profound Realm, Star Profound Realm, Moon Profound Realm, Sun Profound Realm, Earth Profound Realm, and Heavenly Profound Realm. Generally, those in the Celestial Profound Realm were considered like immortals in the eyes of ordinary people, capable of flying in the sky. As for the Celestial Profound Realm, one could become an elder of a sect, like the peak masters of the Immortal River Peaks, who were only in the Celestial Profound Realm. And now, he had surpassed them by one realm, stepping directly into the Star Profound Realm.

"The system didn't deceive me!"

"The Misty Halo and the Heavenly Eye are also quite good. The former is a cunning skill, and the latter can see through anyone's secrets."

Taking a deep breath, Zhong Qing glanced at the system panel again.

"Host: Zhong Qing"

"Cultivation: Star Profound Realm"

"Disciple: Lin Feng, no cultivation, can activate a hundredfold increase"

"Bonds Activated: 1/2 Waste Bond"

"Physique Obtained: None"

"Special Skills Obtained: Misty Halo, Heavenly Eye"

Impressive.

Zhong Qing marveled.

At this time, the process of accepting disciples was coming to an end. Apart from the few who were chosen as direct disciples by various peak masters, others were free to choose to join various peaks as ordinary disciples.

For a moment, the scene was bustling with activity. Soon, each peak had gained many new members, making it lively.

However, Zhong Qing's Curtain Peak remained desolate, with no one joining.

"Are there so many people who want to join my Divine Sword Peak?" Duan Feng stood on the high platform with his hands behind his back, casting a meaningful glance at Zhong Qing beside him. "But our Divine Sword Peak disciples are already overflowing. Why don't you take some to Curtain Peak?"

As soon as these words came out, the applicants for disciples all expressed their reluctance.

"Duan Feng Master, please don't make us join Curtain Peak. We'll be finished if we go there."

"Yeah, Curtain Peak doesn't even have a master who can cultivate. How can it be good for us?"

"No one even enters Curtain Peak."

"As long as we don't go to Curtain Peak, even if we become menial disciples in other peaks, we'll gladly accept it."

The crowd expressed their anxious voices one after another.

The cruel world of cultivation was just like this. Without strength, it was a sin, and no one would respect you!

"Since you all don't want to join Curtain Peak, then I'll have to make an exception for Divine Sword Peak and accept your applications." Duan Feng laughed heartily.

At the same time, he cast a cold gaze at Zhong Qing.

A mere waste dared to defy the Master of Divine Sword Peak in public. That was reason enough!

Even if the Grandmaster came to investigate later, he wouldn't be afraid. Besides, considering the humiliation he had suffered from Naidao, he had already made up his mind to kill Zhong Qing today!

Under the watchful eyes of countless people, the palm attack from Duan Feng was finally approaching Zhong Qing.

Some felt sorry, some felt regretful, but most thought Zhong Qing deserved it.

But the next moment, what happened shocked everyone.

Zhong Qing also raised his palm and struck out with a fist toward Duan Feng.

In an instant, their attacks collided.

With a loud explosion, accompanied by a pleasant sonic boom, a strong aura spread in all directions.

Under this collision, Duan Feng, who attacked first, flew out uncontrollably, and his legs scraped a long trench on the ground before he could stabilize himself.

On the other hand, Zhong Qing stood with his robe fluttering, his fists closed, and his hands behind his back, calm and composed.

This scene left the entire venue in stunned silence.

From disciples to stewards, from peak masters to grandmasters, everyone stared wide-eyed at this unbelievable scene.

"He, he's not a waste, is he?"

"How could he..."