Chapter 24: Pushing the Boundaries of Blatant Lies

What in the world was going on? Had the world gone mad, or were their ears malfunctioning? People looked at each other in disbelief, filled with incredulity.

With heavy suspicion, Lin Hanyi and the others hurried to the reception hall. As expected, the hall was packed with prestigious family heads from Fengtian City. Apart from these individuals, the entrance of the hall was piled high with various treasures, forming a small mountain.

Upon seeing Lin Hanyi and his family approach, the waiting guests quickly stepped forward to greet them.

"Oh, Lin, long time no see," the head of the Fang family stepped forward first, as if they were old friends for decades. He tightly grasped Lin Hanyi's hands with a smile and said, "Lin, do you remember the scene where we caught mud loaches together outside Fengtian City eighty years ago? Looking back on it now, it's truly unforgettable."

"Of course, I came here today not only to catch up with you but also because I heard recently that there's a mischievous fellow in our Fang family who coveted the shops of your Lin family, causing a bit of unpleasantness between our two families."

"Alas, it's all my fault for being in seclusion earlier. I only learned about this matter today upon leaving seclusion, which led to such a big mistake!"

"But rest assured, after I came out of seclusion, I severely reprimanded the mischievous fellow in our Fang family and removed him from his position completely. Moreover, I immediately brought gifts to your house to apologize."

"So, Lin, I hope you won't hold it against our Fang family!"

"Come, bring the gifts," the Fang family head said, presenting several storage rings filled with invaluable items.

However, before the Fang family head could finish, the head of the Gu family stepped forward.

"Brother Hanyi, I'm so sorry!" The head of the Gu family lamented, shaking his head and sighing, "My family members told me that they found an unmined mineral deposit outside the city, so I led them to mine it. But who knew, who knew that the deposit belonged to your family, Brother Hanyi."

"When I learned about this news, I felt so guilty. Clearly, it belonged to someone else, yet I didn't investigate the situation and mined it privately, causing such a big misunderstanding between our two families."

"I, I'm truly not a decent person. I apologize to you, Lin family."

With that, the head of the Gu family even slapped himself regretfully and sighed, "Brother Hanyi, I'm here today mainly to resolve the misunderstanding between our two families, so I hope you won't hold it against me."

"Of course, to make up for the mistake my Gu family made, I plan to compensate Brother Hanyi with the two best mineral veins outside our Gu family's territory."

"Now that all our people have withdrawn, Brother Hanyi can send someone to take over at any time!"

At that moment, the reception hall of the Lin family was filled with various family heads showing off their poor acting skills. In order to please the Lin family, they went to extreme lengths.

There were proposals for marriage.

There were requests to become sworn brothers with Lin Hanyi.

There were invitations for the entire Lin family to dinner.

One family head didn't know how to curry favor anymore; despite being older than Lin Hanyi by half a lifetime, he knelt on the ground asking Lin Hanyi to accept him as his godson.

The scene was both embarrassing and realistic.

Lin Hanyi and his group stared in disbelief, completely puzzled. Watching the fawning crowd before them felt like a dream.

One moment, they were shouting to attack the Lin family, and the next moment, they were apologizing at their doorstep with such low attitudes.

"You guys..." Lin Hanyi looked at the crowd in confusion.

Just then, a servant came to report from outside, "Family head, family head, Young Master has returned."

"What, Feng'er is back?"

Upon hearing this, Lin Hanyi and the others couldn't care less about the family heads and hurriedly went to greet him.

"Is it Lin Feng?"

"Come, let's go, let's catch up."

Hearing this, the family heads also followed Lin Hanyi and the others. At the entrance, Lin Feng, carrying large and small packages, had just walked in with Zhong Qing and Zhong Qing's puppet.

"Feng'er."

"It's great that you're back safely."

Seeing Lin Feng, Lin Hanyi's eyes welled up with tears, and he immediately hugged Lin Feng. Since the incident with the Murong family, Lin Feng had left Fengtian City after being unable to handle the blow. Many rumors spread, suggesting that Lin Feng had died outside.

Now that Lin Feng had returned safely, Lin Hanyi, as a father, couldn't be happier.

"It's good to be back, it's good to be back."

The other elders of the Lin family also surrounded Lin Feng, showing concern for his well-being and examining his body. Seeing Lin Feng safe and sound, they were excited.

"Father, uncles, this is my gift for you all."

Lin Feng handed out the packages one by one.

"You silly boy, as long as you're safe, that's all that matters. Yet, you still remembered us."

Lin Hanyi and the other elders laughed heartily. Although the gifts weren't very valuable, receiving them still brought great joy.

"By the way, who are these two?"

Lin Hanyi only noticed Zhong Qing and the man in black behind Lin Feng at this moment.

"What, Feng'er has taken a master?"

Hearing this, Lin Hanyi and the others were ecstatic. Finally, someone disregarded talent and accepted Lin Feng as a disciple.

"We have met Master Feng'er and the gentleman beside him."

Lin Hanyi and the others bowed in unison.

"You don't need to be so polite."

Zhong Qing smiled gently, "The one behind me is my follower. You can call him Black and White."

While speaking, Zhong Qing also transmitted his voice to the black-clothed puppet behind him, "From now on, you will be called Black."

"Yes."

The black-clothed puppet nodded slightly.

"So, it's Mr. Black and White. Everyone, don't just stand here. Let's go inside."

At this moment, the family heads all started to praise Zhong Qing and Black, lowering their heads and whispering in awe.

"That black-clothed person is the one who revealed the aura of the Moon Profound Realm at the tavern."

"From his posture and speech just now, he is indeed the follower of the person in white, who is Lin Feng's master."

"Yes, it seems that the rumors are true. The Lin family has indeed had an extraordinary stroke of luck."

"Fortunately, we were quick-witted and acted promptly."

At this moment, Lin Hanyi also remembered that there were still a large number of family heads outside.

So Lin Hanyi first invited Zhong Qing to the highest seat and then said, "Mr. Zhong, please wait for a moment. There are some trivial matters to attend to. I will be back soon."

"Elders

, please take care of Mr. Zhong."

With that, Lin Hanyi walked back to the family heads.

But upon hearing Lin Hanyi's words, the family heads quickly waved their hands and said, "Family Head Lin, no need, no need. Don't worry about us. Just entertain the immortal, and we'll squat here."