Chapter 18: My Mansion's Defense is Justified

"Yes!"

Other elders and peak masters also expressed their admiration.

How old could Zhang Qing be? His real age couldn't be more than eighteen or nineteen.

Originally, when Zhang Qing killed Duan Feng, they speculated that Zhang Qing might have reached the peak of the Celestial Profound Realm because Duan Feng was at the late stage of the Celestial Profound Realm.

But this was just their guess.

After all, reaching the Star Profound Realm at the age of eighteen or nineteen was beyond their imagination.

Because such cultivation would make him a superlative figure even in the Eastern Region's holy lands, unless the tomb of the ancestors of the Immortal River Sect was smoking.

But now, with news of him killing Blood Mad with just one finger, it meant that Zhang Qing's cultivation must have reached the Star Profound Realm.

And not just an ordinary Star Profound Realm.

This was not as simple as the tomb of the ancestors of the Immortal River Sect smoking.

You see, even Xuan Yuanhong, the Sect Master, had only reached the mid-stage of the Star Profound Realm.

As for the elders and peak masters of the Immortal River Sect, except for the Grand Elder who was also at the Star Profound Realm, most of them only had the cultivation of the Celestial Profound Realm.

"Humbling indeed!"

Every person present couldn't help but feel humbled.

They had always thought that Zhang Qing, who they thought wouldn't cultivate, actually had a cultivation higher than theirs, even comparable to Xuan Yuanhong, the Sect Master.

"However, Zhang Qing did kill Blood Mad after all."

"Behind Blood Mad is the Red-Haired Old Ghost. What if he comes looking for trouble?" At this moment, one of the elders said solemnly.

Meanwhile, in the secular world, coincidentally, as soon as the elder finished speaking, there was a wave of battle fluctuations at the mountain gate.

A red-haired man, carrying a long knife on his shoulder, killed many disciples stationed at the mountain gate and attacked the main peak of the Immortal River Sect without any hindrance.

"Immortal River Sect, come out!"

With a roar from the red-haired man, he swung his long knife, directly slicing off half of the mountain peak of the Immortal River Sect.

The falling rocks rolled down, shaking the heavens and the earth, causing countless disciples to suffer heavy casualties.

At this moment, Xuan Yuanhong and others who heard the commotion rushed out. Xuan Yuanhong looked solemnly at the red-haired man.

Never did they expect that before they could discuss a countermeasure, the Red-Haired Old Ghost would attack.

Indeed, the red-haired man before them was the Red-Haired Old Ghost.

Under his disheveled red hair was a highly decayed and hideous face, with one eye rotten and the other oozing nauseating pus.

"Red-Haired Old Ghost, what are you doing trespassing in our Immortal River Sect?" Xuan Yuanhong's voice was heavy.

"Stop pretending, hand over your disciple Zhang Qing to me." The Red-Haired Old Ghost's killing intent surged. His already hideous appearance now looked even more distorted.

"Red-Haired Old Ghost, how did my Mansion's Peak Master offend you?"

Xuan Yuanhong stalled for time, sending a secret message to the elder behind him urgently, "Send a message to Zhang Qing immediately, let him temporarily leave the Immortal River Sect to avoid trouble. The Red-Haired Old Ghost's cultivation at the Star Profound Realm is invincible!"

The elder behind him nodded silently and stealthily sent the message.

"Very well."

Xuan Yuanhong nodded, then looked up at the towering Red-Haired Old Ghost.

The sound of Hong Zhong's voice echoed.

"Red-Haired Old Ghost, I'll leave you with this. Your disciple Blood Mad attacked first. My Mansion's Peak Master acted in self-defense, which is entirely justified."

"So it's impossible for you to take someone away from our Immortal River Sect today!"

With a shake of his momentum, Xuan Yuanhong shouted, "If you want to touch a hair on Zhang Qing's head, feel free to come and challenge us. Let's see who's afraid of whom!"

As Xuan Yuanhong's words fell, many elders and peak masters behind him simultaneously released their aura, stepping forward to stand behind Xuan Yuanhong, forming a united front.

"Very well, since you're seeking death!"

Amidst his fury, the Red-Haired Old Ghost was shrouded in dense black mist. Underneath his wrath, the ground beneath him turned into a vacuum, and a series of sonic booms echoed.

"Haha, if he's so amazing, how could my Mansion's Peak Master have easily crushed him with a single finger? What are you boasting about?"

"Yes, your disciple's life is just a life. Is the life of our Immortal River Sect not worth anything?"

Another peak master's aura shook, refusing to yield.

"Moreover, your disciple and master are both demonic cultivators, responsible for countless deaths. My Mansion's Peak Master only acted to remove a threat."

"Haha, what the Third Elder said is right. Blood Mad deserved to die long ago. If I had encountered him, I would have slapped him to death."

For a moment, the peak masters and elders of the Immortal River Sect all spoke up.

While they might usually vie for resources and disciples within the Immortal River Sect, they always stood united when facing external enemies.

"You're courting death!"

Underneath the red hair, the Red-Haired Old Ghost's voice burst out from between his teeth.

"Has the message been sent to Zhang Qing?" Xuan Yuanhong transmitted a message to the elder behind him. "Reporting to the Sect Master, it has been sent out." The elder behind him nodded.

"Good."

Xuan Yuanhong nodded, then looked up at the towering Red-Haired Old Ghost.

His voice resonated like a bell.

"Red-Haired Old Ghost, I'll leave you with this. Your disciple Blood Mad attacked first, and my Mansion's Peak Master acted in self-defense, which is entirely justified."

"So it's impossible for you to take someone away from our Immortal River Sect today!"

With a shake of his momentum, Xuan Yuanhong shouted, "If you want to touch a hair on Zhang Qing's head, feel free to come and challenge us. Let's see who's afraid of whom!"

As Xuan Yuanhong's words fell, many elders and peak masters behind him simultaneously released their aura, stepping forward to stand behind Xuan Yuanhong, forming a united front.

"Very well, since you're seeking death!"

Amidst his fury, the Red-Haired Old Ghost was shrouded in dense black mist. Underneath his wrath, the ground beneath him turned into a vacuum, and a series of sonic booms echoed.

"Everyone, the enemy is at our doorstep. Join me in facing them together."

Facing this blade, at the forefront, Xuan Yuanhong fearlessly declared, "As the esteemed Immortal River Sect, we cannot afford to lose face. Even if we fail today, Zhang Qing, who will grow stronger in the future, will surely avenge us."