Chapter 26: The Most Difficult Thing in the World is Being an Ordinary Person

"Oh?"

"A mysterious reward."

Curiosity was always strong in him.

This mysterious reward instantly piqued his interest.

Moreover, from recent experiences, it seemed like this system was becoming more reliable.

"Lin Family Head, this monster has harmed countless people. Since we've encountered it, it's only right to exterminate it for the sake of the people," Zhong Qing looked at Lin Hanyi with a smile. "I'll go run an errand early tomorrow morning."

"Thank you, Senior Zhong."

Lin Hanyi was overjoyed.

After bidding farewell to Zhong Qing, Lin Hanyi quickly brought this good news to Bai Chen.

"It's great that Senior Zhong is willing to take action!"

Bai Chen was excited, finally feeling relieved, "I'll go back first to make preparations and will come to welcome Senior Zhong early tomorrow morning."

After bidding farewell to Lin Hanyi, Bai Chen returned to the City Lord's Mansion to make preparations.

Early the next morning.

Led by Bai Chen, a large group from the City Lord's Mansion arrived at the Lin family's residence early.

While arrangements were being made at the City Lord's Mansion, news of Zhong Qing's monster-slaying mission had already spread throughout Fengtian City.

So when Bai Chen arrived at the Lin family's doorstep, people from all walks of life in Fengtian City had gathered there.

"I heard that the expert from the Lin family is going to leave the city to slay monsters today."

"Yes, we've only felt the aura released by his follower at the tavern before, but we've never actually seen him take action."

"Yeah, although his follower's aura couldn't be faked, we still don't know his true strength."

"We'll find out soon enough."

When Zhong Qing arrived at the Lin family's gate as promised, he was startled by the scene outside.

The streets were packed with onlookers, making it impossible to move.

Among these onlookers, there were many ordinary people.

At this moment, an old lady carrying a basket walked out and knelt directly in front of Zhong Qing.

"Immortal, Immortal, please help us eradicate the calamity in Fengtian City and avenge my son."

The old lady knelt on the ground, crying bitterly.

"Yes, Immortal, please help us eradicate the calamity."

"My daughter was cruelly killed by that beast."

"Please, Immortal, you must help us."

Following the old lady, more ordinary people knelt down one after another, earnestly pleading.

At the same time they pleaded, these ordinary people also handed out what they held in their hands.

Some were bundles of broken silver coins wrapped in coarse cloth, some were whole.

Some were baskets of eggs.

Some were insoles hand-stitched by the elderly.

There was a variety of miscellaneous items.

Looking at this group of ordinary, humble people and the ordinary items they handed over, Zhong Qing, who had already assimilated into the world of cultivation, was momentarily lost in thought.