Chapter 9-The City of Angels

***

---Los Angeles---

Barnes parked his Hellcat and pushed against Raven's arm, promptly waking her up. "We're here?" she asks, groggy from the long car ride as she pushes her seat back to normal.

Then they both get out as Barnes grabs their bags out of the trunk while Raven takes the cash and walks into the reception. "One room for two," Raven asks as she puts down two thousand dollars.

Barnes walks in as a hotel employee takes his bags off him, and Raven receives the keys to their room. "Follow me," the employee asks them.

They reach their room and go inside, with Barnes turning around and immediately locking it "So what do we do first?" Barnes asks.

"First, I want to shower," Raven says as she smells herself, not liking that she stinks from sweating while sleeping in the car.

"Okay, but take less than thirty minutes," Barnes asks, reminding Raven that they need to get out into the city as soon as possible before sitting on the bed, thinking about what has transpired these past few days. Went from fighting Superman, being an observer member of the Justice League, to Jon being kidnapped.

He decides that while Raven enjoys her shower, he'll put on his armor so he throws down an EMP that deactivates any surveillance device that could've been in the room, quickly putting on his armor.

His phone then starts ringing as he goes to see that Clark was calling him, he hesitantly picks up, remembering how he lashed out against him on the watchtower for letting Jon be kidnapped.

"Clark?" Barnes sighs with his eyes closed, hoping that this was a call to fix things between them.

"Barnes, I want to say that I am sorry for how I acted against you on the watchtower" Clark starts his apology to Barnes "As much as I wish to blame you for my son being kidnapped, it wasn't your fault. Intergang made sure to avoid attacking police stations to concentrate the JL in those areas"

"It's alright Clark, I can understand your anger. My father became the vengeful being that I told you all about because the demons killed his first son and I don't want you to go down that self-destructive path" Barnes tells him.

"So you weren't his firstborn?" Clark asks why did Barnes leave out this nugget of information.

"No, I gave you guys all the information on every piece of information my father archived in terms of his species, hell, argent d'nure, and Urdak. Family is different but since we're already on the topic, I will open up about my family ties" Barnes adds, he's happy that Clark is clearing his mind with this conversation so that he won't sulk while on the mission to find Jon.

"Before my father was found on argent d'nure, he was a Marine, served for ten years, and rose to the rank of staff sergeant, he got kicked out of the military for killing his C.O after he was ordered to shoot civilians." Barnes starts explaining the history of how his father became the man that he was before his honorable death after killing the dark lord.

"He was facing the death sentence before all of the marines that were there in the incident testified and instead he was sent to a Mars base. This is where the shit hits the fan, a company named the UAC was messing with portals and accidentally opened the portal to hell, my dad fought off the invasion force and went in to kill the spider mastermind, the brains behind the invasion and when he came out, he saw his wife, son, and pet rabbit all beheaded with their heads on pikes." Barnes explains what the demons took from his father,

"I'm ready" Raven walks out of the shower in her hooded navy-blue cloak, matching ruffled ankle boots with grayish-black soles, and a long-sleeve dark navy-blue legless leotard with regular navy-blue cuffs