Chapter Twenty Nine.

He lied.

His baby lied and never kept his promise as two months passed by.

The constant sound of crockeries clinking made Jeongguk stare at his dinner with a distasteful stare.

"You look tired, Minnie. What's going on?" Yoongi's voice entered Jeongguk's ears yet he couldn't really pay attention to the conversation.

Yes, you've guessed it right. They are eating dinner and everyone is present except one person-Taehyung.

It's nothing new actually. This has been happening from last month. Precisely after Taehyung finally took over the company with Minjae being his personal assistant.

The last conversation they had, that was the last informal conversation they both had and after that it felt as if Taehyung didn't even come to him to talk about anything other than company stuff.

The company had been flying way too well as his baby is really working hard and about his own singing career, well Hobi is helping him quite well and he has already gained a lot of attention and a lot of fans yet no one knows that the man behind the rising masked singer is no one but the famous terrifying mafia, Jeon Jeongguk.

Jeongguk is really happy leaving the company and focusing on his singing career but there is just one thing that is bothering him. Taehyung promised that they both would go back to how they were yet it didn't. Rather it became worse. After he left the company, he didn't get to see his baby even once.

He felt that maybe Taehyung is super busy and it's the same with everyone. Even though he is a bit irritated that he did the whole company stuff as well yet he wasn't ever so busy to not meet his baby or spend time with him. Is his baby really that busy?

He wonders maybe he is overthinking and maybe he hasn't been meeting and spending time with the others too. But if that's the case then how come no one is bothered? They used to nag him so much when he used to be busy then how come they're not sulking or nagging now that their favourite person is almost always not at home.

"Covid cases are rising again rapidly, hyung. There is so much stress these days that I don't even get time to eat my meals properly." Jimin whined as Yoongi dropped his chopsticks on his bowl and looked at Jimin sternly.

"Minnie, even though you're extremely busy, that still isn't an excuse for not having your meals. Starting from tomorrow, I will take your lunch or dinner, according to your shift and feed you just to make sure you're not skipping meals." Yoongi announced sternly as Jimin looked at Yoongi with large, wide eyes. His shocked expression didn't hide the scarlet hue that dusted his round cheeks.

"Hm, if I am at the restaurant then pick it up from there okay? I'll keep both of your meals ready. Just to feed Minnie, don't forget to fill your own tummy too." Jin said with a small smile dancing on his lips as Yoongi suddenly fiddled with his chopsticks and dipped it in the bowl of soup.

Yoongi, you cannot have soup with chopsticks.

"What about me and Joon? Why are we not getting packed meals from Jinnie's kitchen?" Hobi whined loudly as Jin kept eating the juicy dumplings that were placed on his own plate.

"Speak for yourself, Hoba. I get my homemade packed lunch every day without fail." Namjoon uttered as he threw a wink towards Jin, who now turned bright pink. His ears and neck turned a fire red, indicating how shy he was.

Did Jeongguk tell you how suddenly everyone started acting so lovey dovey in front of him out of nowhere? No? Well you see it now. And honestly, this tooth-rotting yet beautiful romance is not something he signed up for to watch every single day.