Chapter Forty.

Taehyung dragged his tired legs towards the couch in the Jeon mansion and slowly got rid of his tux and dropped himself on the couch in the drawing room.

"A rather terrible night, I should've chosen my darling and stayed back tonight." Taehyung mumbled to himself as he heard footsteps nearing him.

"Aren't you a bit too early?" Jeongguk's velvety voice resonated in the room as Taehyung groggily sat up.

He wasn't drunk per se but probably a little tipsy and therefore the sudden sarcastic comment made him narrow his eyes.

"I had informed you, my love. What's with the sudden taunt?" Taehyung replied as Jeongguk's blank expression concerned Taehyung and suddenly he felt too sober.

"I thought you said you would be back early because you miss me even when you're away from me for an hour max." Jeongguk continued jabbing accusations as Taehyung rubbed his forehead with his fingers.

No, he wasn't annoyed or irritated but he just felt these comments were unnecessary and currently Jeongguk is trying to indicate something that he hasn't even done.

"Darling, you know that's true but why do I have a feeling you're purposely trying to pick a fight with me?" Taehyung couldn't help but voice out his thoughts.

"You think I am so jobless and stupid to pick a fight with you randomly?" Jeongguk questioned as his eyes narrowed into a deep glare.

"Then why are you suddenly in such a bad mo-"

"What's that on your neck?" Jeongguk interrupted Taehyung as Taehyung's hand subconsciously reached his neck to hide the bright red mark.

"Uh...umm actually in the club..uh the waiter..uhh.." The hesitation in Taehyung's voice simply made Jeongguk's anger turn heavier and the atmosphere in a second turned tense.

"Let it be. I don't want to know..I don't want to know about what you did there." Jeongguk replied hastily as Taehyung's eyebrows creased in confusion.

"What do you mean by that?" Taehyung asked as Jeongguk's dark gaze stared at him. It almost felt like Jeongguk was staring into his soul.

"You know exactly what I mean." Jeongguk replied almost instantly and that made Taehyung's nerve tingle with slight irritation.

"Are you accusing me of deceiving you? Is that what you think of me? Again back to thinking so low of me?" Taehyung chuckled humorlessly, his gaze turning dark too.

"I just want to know what's on your neck but your hesitation is making me question yo-"

"I was hesitating thinking about you because I know how worried you get whenever something happens to me-your baby-but right now, I have decided I will not give you any explanation because you deserve none." Taehyung voiced out gritting his teeth as Jeongguk's glare turned darker.

"You're literally putting everything on me?" Jeongguk asked as he tongued his cheek.

"If you think it's that then be it so. But I will not explain anything to you. It's not my fault and I have no responsibility to explain myself when you've already thought the worst and didn't even give me the benefit of doubt." Taehyung uttered each word sternly and stood up to leave. He knew if he stayed there some more time, this would get worse.

"You're really walking away, huh?" Jeongguk laughed as he felt the corner of his eyes burn.

"Yes because I am not in a mood to create a fight unnecessarily just because I am bored. Anyway, you just proved how much you actually love and trust me tonight. I don't think I have anything to do with someone who thinks that way about me." Taehyung spat the words harshly as he walked towards the stairs to leave.