Chapter 10

-Everything ended at 4 am.

31st December

Megumi's pov

I always liked the end of the year, especially if I had passed a particularly long, stressful and tiring period; new year meant same life, but a new beginning. Things do not always change, it's true, but it's an opportunity to be reborn. Everyone has passed or is passing  heavy periods, I personally desired during some times in my life to even die to stop hurting, stop feeling so powerless and useless, stop feeling as if someone was stabbing me directly in the chest, stop fighting. That's one of the reasons, if not the main one, why I like the new year. Currently, this is one of the best periods in my life, finally at peace, and I feel grateful everyday for all the things I have.
We decided to spend this evening together, just like Christmas, at a party, again. We were unsure whether to go to a party of one of Nobara and Maki's girl friend group or go to the disco or nightclub again, after obviously having dinner together at home. We thought that going to a nightclub during the night of Christmas had been enough, so rathered going to Cleo's party, a cute girl that I often saw going around our school. Maki and Nobara have this group of friends with four other girls, three of them attending two other schools here. The first one is Cleo, a medium length, wavy, red haired girl, with a fringe, light blue magnificent eyes and an always-happy attitude, she's kind. The other three are Elizabeth, long, straight, blonde haired girl, blue eyes, kind and friendly until you don't do anything that upsets her, she's however a little snob; Mia, a black, long straight haired girl with brown eyes, she's very reserved and introverted with people she doesn't know, she has however a lot of friends; the last one is Petra, a very gentle girl, almost an angel, with green eyes and orange, medium length, straight hair. That's how Maki described us their group. Considering that probably around fifty people will participate, it'll be difficult to recognize them by just a small description, but in fact, it's not like I care, I didn't plan on becoming their friend. Yuji on the other hand is excited to know other people and  participate to a party. He reminds me of a child, but in a cute way, he is cute when he gets excited over those small things. If that happened two months ago, I would have been annoyed, but now, Yuji's excitement does not annoy nor upset me, and if someone else behaves in the same way, it only reminds me of him.  I guess something strange is on. After the other night, we didn't discuss the event, maybe because we both ignored what happened, or just blame it on the weed, or maybe because he doesn't even remember, even if I doubt it. We are now getting ready for this party, I had no idea until yesterday of what I could have wore tonight, so I asked Maki to tell me something more about that girl Cleo, discovering that she belongs to a wealthy family, and that her house is pretty big; however, Maki suggested me not to wear too elegant clothes, but neither something too casual. I decided then to wear an outfit practically identical to the one of Christmas evening, except for the colour of the clothes, the shirt is white, the jeans are black. Yuji was dressed in the same way as Christmas. Maki and Nobara wore one of those tight dresses again, Nobara's one is bright red and it reaches her knees, it doesn't have shoulder straps. Maki's one is  a bit more low-necked, it is black and it is way shorter than Nobara's. Toge wears a white shirt and then blue elegant pants and shoes. Maki and I are going there with my scooter, while Nobara's mother offered to take her daughter, Yuji, Panda and Toge to the party. The trip lasted around twenty five minutes, Cleo's house is placed in a wealthy, good looking neighbourhood, full with big, luxurious houses. Hers is white and bright, full of lights that make it even more evident, it's in fact pretty big, there's also a big garden with a pool. We met up there and stood in front of the big gate.
"What are we waiting for? Let's go!"Maki said. We started walking towards the entrance and just like the other night, loud music could be heard already from the outside and it was clearly full of people, some of them stood directly at the entrance, reachable by a flight of stairs. As we entered I could smell a huge alcohol fragrance surrounding the areas, Yuji probably smelled that too, since he wrinkled his nose a little. God, he's handsome.
"Do whatever you want guys, we'll surely meet around some times, don't forget to have fun." Maki said, Nobara and her then left, probably going to find their friends.
"Panda and me are going to take a look around, if you want you can come with us." Toge suggested.
"I'd rather take a look around by myself first or take a drink."I said.
"I'll come with you."Yuji said, answering Toge.
"Okay, see you around then, Megumi."Toge said gently, smiling a little. We then parted ways. I went towards my right while the three of them went up the stairs, a white, spiral and fancy staircase. I entered into what seemed to be a living room, actually, a big ass living room, full with people. Some of them standing up, others sitting on the white sofas present there, there were three, and others moving a little, not really dancing. The loud  music stunned me, some people noticed me but from what I could see, there was no one I knew, just a few faces I saw around school. I started moving to observe the situation a little, the lights were so brilliant that they almost seemed to blind me, and together with the music, this didn't help at all. On the left side of the living room there's another entrance to what looks to be a bar, an enormous bar, like the rest of the house. Here, the lights were different, a blue atmosphere made its way towards the counter and other little sofas. Here the music was even louder, people danced and drank cocktails, some of them clearly drunk even if we were just at the beginning of the night. I took my phone and saw that it's only ten in the evening, and then saw a message coming from a girl in our class, Tsumugi.