Chapter 15

-"Thank you, really."He just sighed, squeezing me harder.

15th January

Yuji's pov

Megumi and I decided it was eventually time to do the homework, so after around 20 minutes we got up from the bed and went towards the kitchen. I surely felt better than before, Megumi's not really conscious of how much he had helped me, however he really did, I'll forever be grateful for that.
"Let's start again with Chemistry."He said while taking a bite of his croissant. Meanwhile I sipped some apricot juice in two glasses and carefully placed them on the table.
"Yes."I said, smiling.
"So, let's see..."He stated, first looking at his notebook and then at the Chemistry book.
"We have to do the exercises on page 189, right?"I asked.
"Mm, yeah, but not all of them, just the first six."He stated, after checking his notebook again. I sighed. We started revising the theory part and then moved on to the exercises, I had a few difficulties but managed to make everything well. Honestly, Chemistry isn't that bad as long as you understand the subject, I think it's somewhat more enjoyable than other subjects, such as Maths. After more than half an hour we finished what we had to do and took a look at the clock.
"Megumi, it's almost time for dinner, isn't it?"I said, while looking at the clock that marked fifteen to seven. He took a look at the clock as well.
"Yeah, we should start cooking."
"But, what about History?"
"If you'll be focused enough we can study after dinner, or we can also begin tomorrow."
"Let me think about that."I stated as he got up.
"What would you like for dinner?"He asked.
"Whatever you want, really, everything's fine. Do you want me to help you?"
"No."
"Well, guess what? I'm gonna help you anyway, just like you did."I chuckled, and I can swear I saw him smiling.
"Okay, okay."We eventually cooked meatballs and prepared a salad. Everything was ready around seven and a half. We sat down to eat and it was clear enough that we were both starving, even though we had had a snack.
"I'm not really willing to do History after dinner."I said while taking a bite.
"I'm not as well, let's start studying during the weekend then, let's just relax." We continued eating while his dogs played in the background and ate their food as well.
"Are you feeling better, Yuji?"Megumi had asked me after, while tidying the kitchen.
"Totally better, thank you. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I am."I smiled in comfort. He sighed, leaning against the counter. My expression changed fast.
"Is something wrong?"I asked worriedly. He sighed again.
"Nothing. Just Grace making moves on me again, it's just so annoying. I thought she had stopped since New Year, but apparently not."I got a bit jealous.
"How is she making moves though?"I asked, still worried about his emotions.
"Instagram stories and notes, and she sent me a message like five minutes ago."
"What did she say?"
"Just a dumb ass text to start a conversation."We stood there in silence for a few seconds. "It's not just only the fact that she continues trying, but the whole way she's doing this. And furthermore, she isn't dumb at all but chooses to play dumb. It's just-"He sighed again, "so fucking annoying."He said, spelling clearly each word. I looked at the ground.
"I'm sorry about that." I added. "It's not like it's your fault."He said quietly, while looking at the ground at his right. "It's just..."He continued, still not looking at me, "It makes me tired, I'm still dealing with some past events, I don't have time and I'm not wishing to have someone constantly at my back making everything worse, you know."He added, again, not daring to look at me. I melted in sadness.
"Megumi."I started. "Do you want to talk about those events that torment you? Can I help you somehow?"I asked worriedly.
"No, Yuji, thank you for trying though."I stood up and approached him, embracing him and giving him a kiss on the forehead. I sensed immediately the change of atmosphere, from annoyance to suffering. He embraced me back after some seconds, and seemed to drown in the hug, hiding his face in my shoulder, while I continued giving him small, soft kisses, trying to reassure him. It must be something rare to see him this way, fragile, breakable, frail, weak.
"Are you sure you don't want to talk about anything?"I asked after, whispering.
"I'm sure, don't worry. I'll manage."I sighed.
"Just know that you don't have to go through anything alone. Feel free to talk about what bothers you at anytime."Silence.
"You're special, Yuji."He said, after a while.
"How does that make me special when you did the same for me?"
"No one ever did that for me, that's why you are special." I swallowed, a bump of sadness making its way through my throat.
"This is the smallest, slightest thing, a person who loves you can offer you. It's not about being special, it's about caring for the other genuinely, it's the minimum."I stated, taking a deep breath. "I know you can't sense it directly but...you have no idea of how much I love you, remember that. It might even sound strange considering that we have known each other for only two months now, but I'd go through hell to see you smile, and I mean this."I stated, in one of the most serious ways I could ever express something.