Chapter 12

-A general chaos made its way between us and all those people.

2nd January

Yuji's pov

The kiss Megumi and I shared is the reason why I've been so happy in the past two days. I didn't expect him to feel something for me and the moment I realised he was looking at me with the same look I have with him, I immediately understood that it's worth trying, I realised he might feel what I feel for him. It's not the first time we happen to be in moments where there's tension between us or softness for the other, and it's true that we didn't seem as friends during other times, like during Christmas, when our noses were just a few inches apart. I was afraid I would have seen my heart break, the moment I saw him with another girl or guy; the fact that we kissed doesn't mean that he's in love with me, like I am with him, neither that I'm his soulmate and that we'll stay together for the rest of our lives, but maybe there's a small chance for something to happen, we'll sort everything out. Indeed, we decided to meet up at my house to talk about our feelings. I had already mentioned that during New Year's day, so we decided to clear everything up between us and potentially make bigger moves. I suggested to meet up at my house so that we could be alone and be able to discuss things properly without distractions. I welcomed him and I couldn't help but feel anxious. We were sitting on the sofa for 15 minutes drinking some orange juice and joking a little when he started talking.
"So", he said, after drinking. "You can start telling me what you wanted to tell the other night."
"Yeah, so..."I looked at the ground, unsure on how to start, afraid to scare him or make him change his mind. "Well, I hope this doesn't bother you in any way but, I'm already sure of what I feel for you and it's a pretty strong feeling."I raised my gaze after my statement, he was looking at me focused on my words. He didn't look that quiet as well. "I want to be honest, I'm already in love with you, Megumi."I carefully observed his reaction, his eyes widened. "It happened a month ago, a week after our first encounter. It was way too soon, I know, but I have no idea of how, it just happened. I don't expect you to be in love with me nor want to force you into it, if you don't feel ready I totally understand and will never try to insist or convince you otherwise. We are here to sort things out so let's just clear things between us and see what happens."I said, firmly. He was surprised, but he didn't look bothered or scared, that relieved me a bit but I was still anxious as hell. I was afraid he would have rejected me because of the strong love I feel for him.
"Yuji, I didn't expect to hear those words coming from you, but they made me happy."My heart started racing, my cheeks becoming red. "I obviously want to be honest with you and tell you exactly how I feel."I waited patiently, getting more and more anxious at every second passing. "I'm not in love with you", even though I knew and expected it, it hurt in a way, almost as if a small part of me hoped that it wasn't the way I thought. "However, I'm clearly conscious about the feelings I have for you and how you make me feel."I looked at him with hopeful eyes. "It's surely something that can grow in time, so you don't have to worry about me falling or not falling in love with you. It's obviously something that can happen but also can't happen, nevertheless, if that's okay for you, I wouldn't mind giving it a try."A small smile painted his lips in a way that reassured me, making me feel more relieved. "Just, don't think that I don't return your feelings or some kind of bullshit, I already feel what you feel."
"Thank you, Megumi, I'm grateful for this."I smiled at him. We stood in silence for a little while, thinking about what to say. I had a question that tormented me, but we were there to talk things through so it was necessary to talk even about that. "Megumi, do you want some more time to get used to this? I mean, like, the feelings and the fact that we like each other in a different way than friendship, that means that our relationship will have some changes.."
"I don't need more time, I'm sure about everything, Yuji. It's true that my feelings aren't at the moment as strong as yours, but you're one of the few people I care about that much, and these feelings are something new for me, but I won't reject them, I'm actually prepared to let them take all of me."He looked at me in the eyes with that penetrating look of his, I started blushing furiously, looking at the ground, my heart racing. Unsure of what to say, I stood there trying to calm myself down.
"I'm really happy, Megumi, I really didn't expect that turn of events but...I'm ready to give my all for this relationship."I looked at him confidently.
"I already knew you were, I never doubted that, you always try your best in everything after all." I returned as red as before. I suddenly felt the urge to hug him and drown this embarrassment in his arms. I didn't control my emotions so much, I just stood up, came closer to him and practically threw myself in his arms, making us lean against the sofa. He seemed to understand, as I laid onto him with my arms around his neck, he embraced me by putting his hands on my back. Having the chance to embrace him that way looked like something I waited for a long time, and it was true. Till that moment, I never had the chance to hug him that way, even if I wanted to, the circumstances just couldn't make that possible, especially as friends. I smelled his perfume flooding my nostrils, I felt at peace, I didn't even think about the embarrassment anymore. My heart was pounding, just then I realised what I had done, of how much courage that would have taken in other situations. Here I was, blushing once again, I couldn't help it. My face was fortunately hiding in the hollow of his neck, but considering how hot my cheeks were, he probably noticed I was blushing. We stood in that position for some minutes, him caressing my back, till I spoke up.
"Megumi, let me take you on a date."I said, placing my hands to both sides of his head and supporting my weight with my arms, finally looking him in the eyes. He was surprised, his mouth half-closed.
"Sure."He smiled, I smiled.
"By taking me on a date you mean picking me up?"
"Yes."
"I didn't know you drived."
"I don't, I'm taking the practical exam in three days, but don't worry, I already know how to drive. Furthermore, I won't do it as soon as I pass the test, I'd like to get used to everything first, also for your security." I threw myself in his arms again. This time resting on his chest. As soon as I heard his heart beating fast, I felt probably happier than before. He stuck his hand between my hair, caressing my head, my eyes closed. I wanted to sleep. Everything was so peaceful and I felt so relieved that I didn't even think about something breaking that atmosphere.
"Yuji..."
"Mh?" I asked, still laying on his chest with my eyes closed.
"I have to come back home in 15 minutes, Gojo's coming home after two weeks, I had told you about that yesterday."Fuck, I had totally forgotten, he had told me before that he had some sort of meeting even if it's not totally proper to call it that way. Due to all those things happening, I didn't even remember.
"Damn."I sighed.
"I'm sorry."
"You have nothing to be sorry about, it's my fault, I didn't even think about that, it totally passed my mind. I just wanted to spend some more time with you."I said quietly.
"I know, Yuji, we can meet up tomorrow if you want."
"No wait, you have to spend some time with Gojo considering that you don't see him as often as you see me. I can wait, he can't."
"He's going away tomorrow afternoon, probably at five or six, we can meet up later in the evening."My eyes widened, an idea crossed my mind.
"Is that okay if we have dinner together and maybe, if you feel like it, sleep here?"I asked, excited but also hopeful to hear a positive answer. He was stunned but soon his face relaxed, gaze softened, giving me a smile.
"Of course."I didn't manage to control my emotions again. I smacked my lips onto his, my hands resting on his cheeks. Neither of us seemed to be willing to break the kiss; in fact, I placed my hands around his neck while he sat up, his hands resting on my thighs. I started feeling hot, a warm discharge crossing through my body, sending a shiver. However, the kiss remained soft, pure. I turned red. After breaking the kiss I didn't have the courage to look at him in the eyes, so I started looking down at his black hoodie, his hands still firmly squeezing, in a gentle way, my thighs. I know I've waited for something like this to happen for only a month, but it seemed like an eternity. Finally being in his arms, especially being in his arms that way, was something I waited for long, it surely isn't a year or two, three years, but still enough to make me desire it like hell. He moved his arms and placed them on my waist looking at me in the eyes, just after I found the courage to look at him in the face.
"I know you gotta go but..."I looked at his hoodie again, "I don't want you to leave..."I blushed again, I just can't let myself do something with him without blushing or feeling embarrassed. He left a kiss on my left cheek as reassurance. I sighed, slowly standing up so that he could as well. We went towards the exit and stood in front of each other, him outside.
"See you tomorrow then, Yuji."
"Text me when you get home, I love you."I didn't control my actions and emotions again, I realised it after two seconds. "Oh-", "Uh-, I'm sorry."I was embarrassed again, this time not in a positive way.
"Calm down, Yuji, there's nothing wrong with that."
"Oh...well, but I thought you wouldn't have liked it because you don't love me back so-"
"Yuji, I said calm down, there's nothing wrong, really."
"Oh, sorry."
"If you want to say it, it's fine..."A small pause. "I'm sure I'll say that too some day."He said quietly. I was left with my mouth half-opened, eyes widened, cheeks red, again. I was freezed on the spot, both from embarrassment and surprise. Knowing that I wouldn't have moved, Megumi made the first move and embraced me.
"See you tomorrow night, Yuji."
"Ye-yeah, see you tomorrow."We broke the hug and I watched him leave, then returned back inside, sighing. Well, at least we would have seen each other the next day, that was enough to make me find my happiness again.

Megumi's pov

"Hi."I said, as soon as my vision came across the sight of Gojo sitting on a chair in the kitchen, reading a newspaper. He looked up with that usual dumb smile of his, sunglasses on the face.
"Hii, Megumi."He greeted me happily, standing up and moving closer to me, so that he could hug me. I'm not gonna lie, I had missed him, even if it had been just two weeks, however, I obviously didn't even dare to show it. I strongly embraced him back, knowing that deep inside I was happy to see him.
"Where were you?"He asked, curiously. A small discharge of anxiety made its way through my chest.
"At a...friend's house."
"Who's this person?"Here we were, he was starting with his boring questions.
"His name is Yuji."
"Oh, I see."He smiled. He leaned closer to my face, sunglasses a bit down his nose, showing his eyes. He was scrutinising me from top to bottom. "Mhh..."He stood there observing me for ten seconds that seemed like an eternity. After a while, he came back to his normal position, adjusting his sunglasses back to place. He then showed me a smile. I already knew he was going to talk about something so casual that you wouldn't expect it, as if he didn't just interrogate me by just looking through my soul.
"How are you? You seem different."He laughed. I didn't know honestly what he was laughing about but I let it slip away.
"I'm well, are you okay though?"I asked, indirectly questioning his mental sanity.
"Yess, of course."He continued smiling. "Happy New year, Megumi."
"Oh, right, happy New year to you too."
"What do you wanna have for dinner?"It's difficult for me to understand how he can change subjects so fast from one second to another.
"Whatever you want, just please, don't cook."I said, annoyed, already knowing how it would have ended.
"Oh, whyy?"He said.
"It would be a miracle if the kitchen didn't blow up when you are cooking."He sighed.
"Then tell me what you want to eat, I'm gonna order whatever you feel like eating."I thought about it for a few minutes.
"Chinese food."
"Okay, okay."I quickly took my phone to text Yuji I was safe and home and then decided to watch a film to make time pass, however, knowing that Gojo and I can see each other just few times during a whole month, I asked him if he wanted to watch it with me. He obviously accepted and we spent two hours and a half watching a long ass horror film he chose. During that time he also called the Chinese restaurant so that we could finally eat. While eating I questioned him about work and he started telling me all his crazy adventures and as dessert we ate some sweets that he considers souvenirs.  After that, we just continued watching tv after I gave him the Christmas present I had prepared for him. It was a new pair of sunglasses, similar to his, but far more newer and a little bit cooler. He also gave me his present, I actually appreciated it a lot; he bought me a book I had been searching for a while and then two steel necklaces. The one I usually wear is pretty loose, so it hangs from my neck, while these two are more tight, the first one is the tightest, it surrounds my neck and doesn't hang at all, while the second one is a bit more loose than the first one. So, in the end, I wear three necklaces of all different diameters, from the tightest one to the loosest one. I also really like their chains, because they all have different chains that make them particular. After another three hours, we both fell asleep on the sofa.

*Summary of the chapter: Yuji blushing.