Chapter Seventeen

The happiest people in life are the givers, not the getters.

~Bluey writer♣~
______________________________________________________________

If whatever is happening is a dream then I wish it would last forever. Ayzar entwined my hands as we walked downstairs. Sameer is pacing around worried and mubeen on the sofa playing a game on his phone.

"Finally, Naj are you okay? I mean if you are not let's go to the hospital" sameer stated worried. I only smiled at him. He is very kind. I was about to reply when Mr arrogant beat me to it.

"She is fine." He coldly replied dragging me to the sofa. For the first time I sat beside him. I feel very strange with his hands on mine so I struggled to wriggle out of his hold. But he tightened his grip on my wrist and I only rolled my eyes. What's wrong with Mr arrogant today.

"Ayz, so its now you remember you have guests. Having a quality time with wife while you forget about us hmm man?" Mubeen winked at Ayzar. Ayzar masked his face with that motionless look. They knew better than anyone not to irritate him any longer.

"Ayzar where are we going? It's your treat today and we are not wasting it" sameer huffed clinging to ayzar's arm.

"Yes ayz. Let's go to somewhere to refresh ourselves. The month has been a hectic one. More than anything we need this" Mubeen who is also suggesting they go out stated.

"Ayzar I think I have already decided what I want as a birthday gift for my upcoming birthday" Mubeen whispered as if not wanting anyone to hear what he is saying.

"Cheater I heard that. You told me you don't have a gift in mind so what's up with the whisperings" sameer quickly questioned throwing daggers at Mubeen.

"Well I have thought of it now and you are certainly not knowing what I want ayzar to gift me. So that you won't say you want it also." Mubeen explained grinning like a kid.

"If not it's something fishy say it let everyone hear. Right Naj what do you say?" Sameer brightened up his face winking at me and I felt like disappearing from the parlour. Sameer just made me speechless.

"What is it?" Ayzar asked typing furiously on his laptop.

"Where is the horse you bought from Dubai. I want it as my birthday gift" Mubeen made the puppy eyes smiling at Ayzar.

"You betrayer that was my own birthday wish." Sameer threw the throw pillows at Mubeen.

"So? I told Ayzar first not you" mubeen defended back grabbing the pillow as he aimed them at sameer. Before you know it there is pillow world war three in our living room. Sameer throwing the pillows furiously with mubeen dodging them.

"I am going to slaughter you alive you deceiver" sameer shouted on top of his voice running after mubeen.

"You know I love you too" mubeen mocked. They kept running after each other like little kids. I can't help it but smile at their banters. They reminded me of my own best friends, my sisters. I wonder what they are doing now. Perhaps in the kitchen to prepare dinner or in the parlour watching film... Oh how I missed them. No infact I miss home, I miss kano. Lost in my own world I was brought back to the reality when I heard farha's voice.

"Abbi yadu'uka fil mahmulatik (dad they are calling you on your phone)" farha shouted as she came running with the phone in her tiny hands. Mubeen and sameer quickly dropped their pillows and sat down like responsible gentlemen.