Chapter Twenty six

Gratitude should be your attitude.

                        ~~Anonymous~~

______________________________________________________________

   I stared at Amma before seating down.

  "Ayzar my child are you still angry with your mother?" Amma asked softly. I cursed inwardly beneath my breath. I can't even be angry not when amma talks this calmly to me.

           "No Amma"

"Ayzar whatever I did nineteen years back is because I love you. I want to protect you and you know that well."

   Yes Amma did it to protect me but did she have to distance me from everyone. That has always been the question in my mind.

"I understand you are angry with everyone but we are your family eventually you have to learn to forgive us"

In my mind I know I can forgive everyone but not My grandmother. I would never forgive that woman.

   "Ayzar are you even listening?"

"Uhm" I hummed.

" How are you? "  I had to look at amma. What does she mean by how am I?

"I mean life,studies and everything"

"Everything is fine"

   "I heard you have built a hospital in Abuja"

  "Yes"

"So how about settling down. Do you have any girl in mind?"

  "No"

"Should I look for one for you?"

         "No Amma. I am not planning on settling down soon"

"Ayzar its about high time you get married. You are old enough"

     "Amma"

"Okay I am not forcing any decisions on you just think about it because  I am surely going to ask again."

"Okay"

   "So I happen to come to my son's chamber and he hasn't offer me anything not even water"

  "Ammaa" I said smiling.

"Hey it's been long I saw that smile .keep smiling it suits you. You are always frowning."

  "No amma I don't frown always. I also smile"

"So you talk Ayzar" My mother said teasing me.

"Ooo Amma" I groaned

  "Okay an bari auta (I have stopped it last born)"

    "Amaaaaa"

Ama laughed seeing how irritated I became.

  "Should I brew tea for you?" I asked

"You that can't even boil water " amma said. Well I wasn't surprised this woman is my mother she knows me well.

   "Amaaaa"

"Okay I have stopped it . But tell me seriously can you brew the tea"

I scratched the nape of my neck "Nah but I can try"

  "No thanks Ayzar water would suffice".

  We had a long chat with amma before she left. When I checked the time its already time for asr so I directly went to pray.