Chapter Thirty one

Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.

~~~~Anonymous~~~~
______________________________________________________________

The cold morning wasn't helping my mood, it just dampened it further. I zipped on my sweater dipping my hand in my sweat pant I brought out a pen. Picking up a sticky note I wrote something and kept it on the dressing mirror. The time showed exactly six am in the morning. I gazed from the mirror how peacefully she is sleeping. Placing my I watch on my wrist,I slipped on my black Nike sneakers. My phone ringed with this irritating buzzing sound. I slipped on my air pods before tapping the answer button.

"Your highness, he is here" the person said from the other end.

"I am coming" I answered and hanged up. Whatever happened yesterday was as a result of that driver and I am not sparing him not one bit. I opened the Chest drawer and picked up a gun, I stared at it for a moment before sliding it in my pocket.

She hasn't woke up since after she slept around 8:00pm. I know she is still sick so I didn't bother waking her up for subh prayer and adding to the fact I know she is not even praying I moved closer to Najma and drew the duvet properly. She is shivering due to the cold temperature. It's about to rain, the weather its all breezy and cold. I closed the windows and switched on the room warmer. I rekindled the fire in the hearth just to make her warm. I sat on the chair by the bed watching her closely. Yes she might have made me angry but I can't ignore the fact that she is in this condition because of me. Her night cap has loosened a bit showing her hair strands as they fall to her beautiful face. I carefully placed them back and drew the cap to her forehead. I stared at her for some moments and smiled. Standing up I picked up the sticky note and headed to the kitchen.

"Good morning your highness" the chef greeted falling to her knees. That's the main reason I hate living in the place the respect it's too much for my liking.

I waved my hand signalling her to stand up.

"Make a cinnamon tea with akara balls (kosai) and the millet gruel(kunu)."

"Yes your highness" she answered.

" I have ordered new clothes. When the clothes are here take it to my wife and yes this sticky note place it on the tray you are serving my wife understood? "

"Yes your Highness"

"If she needs anything else give it to her and yes add sanitary pads to the clothes"

"Yes your highness."

I nodded satisfied before I exited my chamber. I just hope no matter what happens I don't lose my cool. Because if I do, the worst might happen. Using the opportunity I decided to jog at least to where I am going since it's not far. It's been a long while I cared about the gym and all this exercises. I have suffered to build up my body in the past that I don't really need gym now. I discarded the thought and jogged down the lane while reciting my morning azkhars.

I carefully sat down on the chair looking at the man I sent to pick up Najma yesterday.

"I warned you not to let a single drop of rain to fall on her didn't l?" I asked calmly while looking at the man who is sweating although the weather is cold.

"You did your highness" he muttered.

"Then Why did you let her get drenched in the rain. WHY?" I shouted. Yes I am loosing it because this man here is playing with his life. How on earth did he let my wife to get drenched in rain. After all the warnings I gave him.