Chapter eleven: Breakfast

It had been a few months since you started working at the hotel. Yes, this was a much better idea then being an assassin. You'd once and a while go down to that bar to speak to old clients, like Arrow. A few of your clients actually came to stay at the hotel, not many though. 

You just had a long day at work, people leaving left and right, people coming in left and right. It was now time to sleep, tomorrow was Saturday.

You tossed and turned in your covers, unable to fall asleep. Marble snuggled up next to you, lucky cat was already fast asleep.

Maybe a small glass of wine could help...

You carefully got out of the bed as to not wake Marble and headed downstairs to grab a drink.

You went to the bar and looked for the wine bottle. Finding it, you poured yourself a drink and put the bottle back. You grabbed your cup in your hands, but someone grabbed your shoulder.

"Hey Y/n-"

You gasped and turned around accidentally throwing the drink in their face. It was Alastor.

"A- Oh I am so sorry Alastor- I didn't mean- You just startled me- I am so very sorry!"

He grabbed a napkin out of his pocket and wiped his face, grabbing his monocle to clean it. He was very quiet now.

Your scales were definitely pink, some white dashed in with them as you feared he would be mad at you.

"I am so sorry," you said once more, "It's late and I was tired so I am a bit jumpy- I couldn't sleep..."

He gently placed his hand on your shoulder, "Y/n, it's fine." Then he quickly removed his hand.

You couldn't help but appreciate him trying his hardest not to make you uncomfortable, he was a fairly touchy person, probably because of when he was alive.

You poured yourself another drink, "Man Husk is going to be mad at me," you laughed.

"I'm sure he will understand," Alastor spoke quietly, "Do you need help sleeping tonight?"

"You got sleeping aids?"

He shook his head, "Some folks tune in to the picture box and doze off like a baby, you know?"

You nodded, going to the couch. "Good plan."

Alastor came over to sit with you, grabbing the remote from the table. He seemed to be trying to figure out what the buttons did before pushing one.

"Need some help?"

"I've got it."

He turned the tv on, turned the volume down and turned it off.

"I- Do need help," he sounded defeated.

You gently grabbed the remote and switched it to a station playing a show.

You and Alastor watched the show for a while, you drifting to sleep.

You woke up to the smell of pancakes, and your door opening. You were in your room, and there was Alastor holding a plate.

"Here darling," he placed it on your lab, "Enjoy."

"Oh, thank you, did I fall asleep?" Well obviously, you did, why would you be here otherwise.

"Sure did, I took you up to your room."

"How did you get in?"

"The door." He stared at you blankly, "I- It was unlocked," he finished his thought, a small hint of red under his eyes.