Chapter twelve: Lunch

It was Sunday now; you woke up to make breakfast for yourself. You also made some for Alastor as a thank you for giving you breakfast.

You went up to his room and knocked on the door.

"Come in," he answered, and so you did.

"Good morning!" you chimed.

Alastor was sitting on his bed, messing with something in his hands.

"Y/n, what brings about the pleasure of your company, if I may ask?"

"I made you breakfast."

You sat down next to him and handed him the plate of Chocolate chip pancakes.

He gratefully took it, placing down whatever he was messing with, and started eating.

"I hope you like them, I found a recipe book and followed that."

"These pancakes are downright scrumptious. Care to join me for a lunch date later on?"

A date? Like, between two friends. There wasn't anything else you could be.

"Sure!"

For now, you would watch a movie, Alastor watched it with you. You both would sometimes talk during it; you were glad another person wasn't there else you both would upset them.

"You know," Alastor started, "I didn't like the concept of television when it first arrived."

"Old timey fella?"

He chuckled, "Sure, you could call me that. But now that I am watching it with you? I think it was a decent addition to life."

"Just decent?"

He looked at you with a somewhat smug smile. You couldn't help but smile back.

12 pm was right around the corner, you dressed up in some casual formal clothing.

Alastor took you to a nice restaurant, you made sure to bring your wallet this time.

You were sat at a nice two-person table by the window.

"Good evening, will you have one check or two?"

"Tw-"

"One check dear, I'll be paying," Alastor cut you off before you could answer.

"I'll give you time to think about what you'll have then." The waiter walked away.

"Oh- Alastor I have money; I can share the bill."

"No, darling, I extended the invitation for the date. It's only proper for me to cover the cost of the meal."

"Okay..." 

You ordered your food and drink, as did Alastor. He really liked venison.

The lunch was good, you and Alastor talked about things. You learned Alastor lost his mother while he was young. You told him how it was your birthday the day you died. You wish you had gotten to go on the date with your parents, but you were glad to be able to be with him.

Soon you both left.

"Would you like to go to the park?" Alastor asked.

"Sure."

And so, you both headed to the park. Music was playing, people were dancing. It was very pretty all together.

Alastor gently grabbed your hand, leaving enough room for you to take yours away. You gently grasped his hand, however. Sure, you didn't enjoy being touched often, but Alastor made it bearable.

"Ms. Y/n, might I have this dance?" he asked in a very different tone; one you weren't sure you've heard from him.

"Of course," you responded.

He held one of your hands, taking his other and placing it to your waist. You both slowly danced with each other, with the other demons, but it felt as if you were alone there with Alastor.

He led you into each dance move, which you were thankful for since you didn't know how to dance too well. It was as if you and him were flying. If this wasn't hell, heck you'd be in heaven right now.

Alastor gently pulled you closer to him, leaning down to your face. Your heart raced; you felt your blood run cold. You panicked and pulled away slightly, he immediately released you.

"Are you alright dear?" he asked, you could hear the sadness in his voice despite his best attempt at hiding it.

"I'm fine- Sorry... I just-"

"No worries, I'm sorry, hon. Shall we make our way back to the hotel?"

You simply nodded.

You both walked in silence. You weren't sure why you pulled away, maybe you were scared of him? No, you liked Alastor, there was no reason to be scared of him. Maybe you were scared he didn't like you like you like him. Even then, was he about to kiss you? You would have found out if you let it happen.

You arrived at the hotel; Alastor reached for the door.

"Al..." you gently grabbed his arm.

"Yes dear?"

"Did- Were you um... Going to kiss me?" you spoke softly.

Alastor's breath stickled; you could see a warm glow on his face. He still smiled, but you could tell it wasn't a smile.

"It's not important, let's forget that it happened."

He opened the door and let you in.

You turned around to thank him, but he was already gone. You sighed softly and went to your room.

Opening the door you were greeted by Marble, "Hey love bug."

You gently picked him up and cuddled with him on a chair.

"I'm glad I can talk to you, you wouldn't ever tell anyone my secrets," you laughed softly.

You gently pet Marble, "You and Keekee play often? Maybe I should set you a play date up with Charlie."

You sighed softly, leaning back on the chair. "I think I messed up Marble... I'm a fool."

Marble gently climbed up to your shoulder, snuggling up into your neck. He purred softly; it made you feel better.

"I think I do love Alastor... But I'm too scared to do anything about it," you murmured, "I can't tell if he loves me, or just thinks of me as a good friend... And I could have found out- but I panicked."

You gently grabbed Marble and went over to your bed, lying down.

"Marble, I'm so glad that I got you love," you cooed at him.

He gave your reptilian nose a small lick of affection.

"Teh- that feels like sandpaper."

You rolled onto your back to look at the ceiling. You would have to get food later; you wouldn't be able to sleep right now.

Marble pawed at you.

"Oh right, you've not eaten. I'm sorry bud," you got up to go fill his bowl. But, looking down you realized it had been filled recently.

Marble walked over to it and started eating.

"Did... I forget I did that?"

You shook your head; you wouldn't forget doing a thing like that. Maybe Nifty was cleaning the rooms and did it.