Chapter twenty-two: Not fun in Games

You woke up to yourself tied against a chair. You quickly tried to reach for your knife- you were tied to the chair no matter what you did.

"Good morning~" a voice said from behind you.

"Well hello idiot box," you muttered just loud enough for him to hear.

You heard him make a small growl, "Now that's not very nice."

"Kidnapping me is?"

"Hmm, I think I'm well justified in doing so."

"To get under Alastor's skin? Well news flash! It isn't going to work my good Telly~"

"My name is Vox, and while under my command I suggest you use it. To answer your question, yes, I am going to get under his skin. I'm also going to break him."

"Well just let me go, he doesn't care for me whatsoever! In fact, he hates me, he pretends to like me, but I can tell he is SOOO annoyed by me."

Vox looked at you like you were the dumbest person alive.

"I'm not an idiot, I can tell when Alastor likes someone. And he clearly likes you~" he let out a laugh at the end.

"Trust me! He's worked hard at maintaining his mask."

"I guess then I can just stab you with this knife then?" he pulled out your knife from out of thin air.

You stiffened up a bit.

"You wouldn't kill a fair lady who didn't even have a chance to fight would you? Boob tube." you tried to reason with him, even the tiniest bit. But you still wanted to mess with him.

"You sure as hell have, Silent Strike." He held the knife to your throat. "Now, I'm telling you to, work with me here, betray Alastor."

"Not happening sir..."

Vox laughed at your sudden formal talk. "You'd rather never see him again then betray him?"

"I do love Alastor; I'd rather die knowing he knows I love him."

He removed the knife from your throat, you couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief.

"I'll tell you one thing for sure; I won't be killing you just yet. I'd want him to watch the life leave your eyes."

"Ah, well you'd be dooming yourself to death there, buddy."

"The moment you kill me Alastor would be out for your blood. He's clearly more powerful than you!"

"Alastor is an old prick, there is no way he's more powerful than me!" Vox let out the last part in an uneasy laugh.

"Really, you're calling Alastor old? News flash Tv head, you're out of date."

Vox looked at you with an annoyed look, finally. You pushed a button.

"Out of date? I'm the newest model!"

"Hmm no... When I come from, we have floating Tv's! Heck holograms too," you lied clean through your teeth. At least you were a good liar.

"No way! You've been dead for a while yourself; more sinners would have stated as such." 

You noticed his voice glitch, along with his screen. Maybe you could get under his skin enough to make him blue screen.

"And we have flying cars! I bet you don't even know what a- uh- Uhman is~"

"Uhman? What is that?"

"Newest video game my good fellow! You've never heard of it? All the greats play it."