Chapter eighteen: Group time

Charlie decided to make small groups, each person who worked at the hotel would lead a group and teach them how to trust each other. Of course, you had to do this as well, despite it not being in your job's description. It didn't matter to you too much though; you could make this fun.

Because a lot of your past clients went to the hotel due to connections to you, you had one of them in your group.

It was Arrow! You hadn't seen him in over a year.

Your list of group members read:

Arrow
Jewl
Zay
Ravena
Ringberg

You gathered them together and prepared for your lesson that Charlie thankfully planned.

"Good evening, everyone! My name is Y/n, we'll be introducing ourselves before we start the lesson today on trust. If you can state your name and the reason you are here. I'll start off, I was a hired Assassin and got setup. Would you continue?" You pointed to Arrow.

"Of course, I am Arrow, and I was an Archer. I caused a lot of property damage with a bow and caused a building to fall on a lot of people. I was one of those people."

Arrow was always so nice; you couldn't fathom him doing something wrong. But everyone down here had to have done something.

"I am Jewl, I was a robber. Stole a lot of jewelry, which is why I called myself Jewl. I got caught and died in prison." Jewl was a snake demon who had gem like scales.

"I'm Zay, I suppose I did some drug trafficking while I was alive. Someone I trusted sold me out to the cops, where I was back then it was punishable by death and so I am here!" Zay looked like a rat, however had well-kept fur.

"Ravena, I was born in 1421. I wasn't the most trustworthy person back then. However, I do like the idea of redemption, I've been here for a long time." She was a foxlike creature however had many tails; you've noticed that she often looks slightly different each time you see her.

"I'm Ringberg, I was a blacksmith but would give my weapons to people I knew weren't very good. I guess being involved with that wasn't a very good choice," he chuckled, "While working on one of my newest weapons it exploded on me, and I ended up here." Ringberg was a rocky looking creature; a golem would be the best description. Cracks in his body allowed for red light to gleam through.

"Okay, lovely to meet you all!"

You took the group outside to a place behind the hotel, time for the first lesson.

"Okay, first things first let's get into groups. Arrow and Zay, Ringberg and Jewl, and Ravena you can be with me."

You cleared your throat slightly, "We will be guiding our partners through a maze, to avoid getting lost you'll be blind folded and given a piece of paper. Choose who will have the honor of being the maze person."

After a small discussion, you, Arrow and Jewl will be drawing the maze.

You and Ravena worked together well. 

This was very simple; a lot of the things Charlie had done were simple and easy to do. A little too easy.

You had done about 5 of the trust exercises Charlie said to do.

"Okay- you know what, how do you all know how to trust someone?" you asked the group.

"Well, when someone says they will do something and keeps their end of the deal," Arrow said.

"I put my trust in someone, and they betrayed that," Zay said with a shrug.

"I put my trust in someone so they could trust me, we worked well together," Jewl spoke.

"Alright- so, putting your trust in someone may be bad. But it also allows that person to trust you. Telling the truth is good, we all talked about our pasts... Do you all trust me?"

Everyone looked at you with nods and smiles. That was reassuring, they trusted you.

"Do you have trust to everyone in this group?" you asked them.

"I don't trust Ravena- she changes slightly every time I see her, and she mentioned she wasn't very trustworthy in her life," Zay said.

You looked to Ravena, she didn't seem hurt, she simply nodded.

"Alright, how about your powers then? What can you all do? I can go invisible."

"I can cause illusions, mess with people's brains and I can shape-shift," Ravena started off.

"I'm able to heal minor wounds," Arrow spoke.

"I have a poisonous bite," Zay said.

"I am able to control minds as long as they are in my view, but it only works on tired people," Jewl chimed.

"I can form hardened lava weapons from my fists," Ringberg said, demonstrating.

"Okay- Thank you all for being honest. Clearly, we just need time to trust each other. Why not go out for lunch?"

You all went out to a restaurant to eat lunch, you paid for everyone's food.

All things accounted for; it was a pretty fun time.

You laid down on the couch after ending the time with your group.

"Exhausting day today dear?" Alastor spoke startling you a bit.

"Ah- hello Alastor. I had fun, how about you?"

He scoffed slightly, "Those folks got on my nerves. They were just plain terrified, did as they were told, never said a word. Not even an ounce of entertainment for me. I was itching to hear them scream, but I held back."

"Ah, well the big ole scary Radio Demon really does care~" You reached up to run your hand through his hair.

"I only care to it that I get to watch the hotel inevitably fail."

"What about us? When it inevitably fails," you trilled.

"Well, my dear, if you would like to stay with me, we can rule together! Or if you don't want more blood on your hands, I wouldn't mind settling down with you."

"I wouldn't mind ruling a portion of hell with one of the strongest overlords," you purred softly.

He sat down next to you to pull you into a cuddle.

"A simple portion of hell? Imagen if we ruled the entirety of hell."

"Hmm... I don't think that Charlie would like us overthrowing her father. However, we could try and rule over all overlords."

He softly hummed, pulling you closer, "If that's what tickles your fancy, my dear."

Won't be posting a chapter tomorrow, next one will be up on Tuesday! I'm doing some things with family over the weekend and want to make sure I have enough chapters started for the next few days.