Chapter twenty-eight: oh wow a chapter

Charlie and Hartfelt where off talking about how the hotel works, bringing her into the circle.

"Alastor are you okay?" you asked him.

"Fit as a fiddle my dear."

"You acted a little odd when you met her, you still scared?" you teased a little, hoping it would make him more open to explaining.

"She had my mother's name."

"Oh- I haven't heard much about your mother."

He gave a small laugh, "She was very nice, cooked a lot. The only person I've ever been afraid of. But I loved her."

"Thinking of you being afraid of someone is just unthinkable," you laughed. "I mean you are afraid of those angels~"

He laughed, "No dear, not afraid. Just weary of them. I'm sure with the right strategy I can take down any angel."

"Mhm, right."

It was nearing close to lunch time. Alastor went off to make some Jambalaya.

You and Hartfelt were getting acquaintance.

"So, did you have any kids?" she asked you.

"No, I wasn't one for relationships in my life. It's kind of too late now, not that I really want one. I have a cat though."

She laughed, "I had a little boy, I haven't met him in heaven... He has to be down here; it's been too long for him to still be alive."

"I hope he comes to the hotel, so you can reconnect!"

She gave a nod. 

"Any siblings?" she asked.

Alastor came out with a few plates, placing them down at the table.

You sat next to Alastor and ate your meal.

You noticed Hartfelt's expression shift to a more surprised one when she took a bite.

"This is very good Alastor, where did you learn to make it like this?"

Alastor glanced up at her, "My mother taught me."

She gave a small nod and continued to eat it.

"Oh my gosh-" you muttered.

"What is it love?"

"Nothing- I just thought of something," you laughed softly.

You weren't going to tell him, but you had your suspicions. You didn't want to get anyone's hopes up, however.

Once everyone was done eating you made sure you got to Hartfelt.

"Hello Y/n."

"Hi! I've got a few questions for you."

"Me too..."

"Can we speak outside?"

She gave a nod; you both went outside to talk. Sitting down on the grass, you looked up to the sky.

"So- what was your son's name?"

"His name was Alastor... I thought maybe it was just a coincidence, but that was my recipe."

"Were you alive in the 1900's?"

"Yes, I was. He was born around then."

"So, Alastor is your son?"

"You're his wife, right?"

"Not yet... Maybe one day... You have his mother's name."

You saw her grab her face, a few tears falling down.

"Are- Are you okay?"

She looked to you, "I've waited so long to see him again. My little boy..." She was crying, but she had the brightest smile you'd ever seen. 

"Do you want me to go get him? Let you reassort yourself?"

"That would be good, please."

You got up and left her there, going to find Alastor.

He most likely was with Marble so you went up to your room. Either that or he was in his radio station.

He was not with Marble, so you went to the radio tower.

You heard him talking, possibly doing a broadcast at that moment.

You gently knocked on the door, trying to keep it quiet enough so he would hear it, but it wouldn't be heard on the radio.

The door opened, Alastor was looking over with a somewhat annoyed expression, but it changed to a calmer one once he realized it was you.

"Yes love?"

"It's really important that you come with me Al."

"Alright, one second."

He turned the radio back on, "I'm afraid I have to cut this broadcast short you sinners. Fairwell."

He came over to you with a smile, "What is it my dear?"

"Come with me."

You took him outside to see Hartfelt.

"Is everything okay?" he asked while he looked at her.

"Alastor? Are you, my Alastor?"

She stepped a little closer to him. Alastor took a deep breath.

"Perhaps..."

"Smile my dear?"

When she said that you saw Alastor look away, a tear fell down his face.

"Ma mère, c'est toi?" he mumbled softly.

"Ouah!"

Alastor let out a small laugh and gave her a hug.

"I missed you."

"Me too."

You felt so happy, this was so sweet. You got a mother and son back together.

"So, Alastor,

So, I've kind of taken a break from this book. I'm not very interested in writing it anymore. I hadn't finished this chapter, and I told myself I would come back to it. But I haven't. And since it's just collecting dust, I've posted it. I'm not coming back to this book.

I might make other books though with other franchises. Honestly, I really want to write a character into the Batman franchise because I had a vivid dream of some weird werewolf person in the Batman franchise. Now I am just playing like little sections of the "story" in my head at night, if you'd be interested in that feel free to tell me. I might just do it anyways.

Disclaimer, I do not speak French.