No rest for the wicked

Months. That's how long you've gone without sleep. It's now been six months since Loona was killed. You were genuinely exhausted, and yet you couldn't bring yourself to sleep. Because any time you did all you saw in your dreams was Loona's death replaying over and over like some kind of torture. And this lack of sleep made you very irritable and snappy. Even with Millie, Moxxie and even Blitz. You'd spend as much time as you could next to Loona's grave, and Val would call to check on you every day. He could tell you were getting worse...Blitz walked out to sit next to you and he didn't say anything because he didn't want to irritate you further. You leaned into him, your tail wrapping silently around his. He wrapped his arm gently around your waist, holding you close then he spoke softly.

"...love...?"

You hummed quietly in response.

"...mmm...?"

"....are you okay with physical contact right now....?"

You nodded quietly, speaking after a bit.

"...please don't let go."

He nodded softly, pulling you gently into his lap.

"I'm not going anywhere, love..."

You paused for a moment, falling quiet and whispering.

"...I think I need to check myself in somewhere....just until I can...get on the right medicine...."

He nodded softly, listening quietly.

"...I think that would be very beneficial for you....that way you can get on some medication that might help your sleep issues as well...."

You were glad he was supportive as always. You leaned quietly into his chest, closing your eyes for a few minutes,but not for too long. You were still scared to fall asleep.

"You haven't slept at all since the incident have you......?"

You shook your head softly.

"Not at all......every time I happen to nod off, I.....it replays over and over.....just...everything fucking sucks....."

He sighed softly, holding you close.

"We can find you somewhere nice up in the living world to check into......none of the places down here will gave the right atmosphere for you..."

You understood what he was getting at. There was a problem though. You hated being up in the living world. People suck.

"It's be a nice opportunity for you to get used to your human disguise Stolas helped you with."

He had a good point there. You nodded.

"Yeah...I just hate the living world is all..."

"I know love. But I want you to get better...we all do."

You nodded softly. You wanted to get better too. Desperately. You needed help bad. So you sighed, leaning into him more.

"...alright. But for now...I just need to sit with you like this and just relax...as much as I can anyway."

So you and Blitz sat there beside Loona's grave the rest of the night, and your heart ached a little less with him next to you.