Anger

The morning came slowly, and Val walked in with a cup of coffee. Well, two, actually. One for himself and one for you.

"Coffee...?"

You sat up slowly, and you looked up at him and the coffee. You didn't say a word. Your eyes were still adjusting from sleep and gestured to the cup of coffee, and you nodded, gently taking the hot mug of coffee from Val.

"Thank you....h-hey Val.....?"

He looked at you with soft eyes as you woke up slowly, sipping your coffee.

"Yes my dear...?"

You teared up a little.

".......th....thank you......for..last night.....Wh-what you did......."

Your eyes were now adjusted, and they were locked on Vox's body on the floor. Your hands started shaking a little and Val gently took the cup of hot coffee from you so you wouldn't burn yourself. You pulled your knees to your chest and started crying. There was a large bruising handprint on your throat, and a large handprint across your cheek. There was also bruising on your wrists. Val spoke softly.

"I will speak to Blitzø, if you would prefer.....I can tell you are not keen on speaking about the matter....."

You nodded without a word. Later, Val's driver drove you home and you sat in the back with Val. Val got out at I.M.P headquarters and gently helped you out of the car. He kept his arm around you and as soon as Loona saw you, she started snarling at Val. Val then quietly explained what happened, and Loonas eyes widened. She went and knocked on Blitz's door.

"Hey uh....dad...? There's someone here to see you....."

"Is Y/N home..??"

"Er...yeah but there's a problem..."

Blitz immediately opened the door and saw Val. He hadn't seen your face yet because Val had picked you up and you had your face buried in Val's coat. Blitz narrowed his eyes a little and gestured for Val to enter his office.

"I apologize for the delay of her safe return. There is an important matter I must discuss with you, if I may."

Blitz was listening. He sat at his desk, drinking coffee. Val was about to start talking when you turned around in Val's arms and looked at Blitz. As soon as he saw the bruised handprints, Blitz spit coffee and stood up.

"What the fuck happened?! Did you hurt her?! I swear to fucking Satan!"

His voice was a protective snarl and Val raised his hands defensively.

"No no of course not! I would never! If you would allow me to explain!"

Blitz's tail lashed furiously.

"Then you'd better fucking start talking."

He hissed, and as Val explained, Blitz's eyes sharpened and darkened even more. When Val mentioned he had killed Vox, Blitz let out an aggressive huff.

"GOOD. Thank you for protecting her. . ."

"....you're welcome Blitz.......I would do anything to protect her. ."

You didn't utter a single word during their conversation. You just remained curled up in Val's arms. Blitz thanked him again, and Val gently laid you on the couch in Blitz's office, and cupped your cheek.

"You take as much time off as you need..."

You shook your head. You didn't need time off. You needed to keep your mind busy. Val nodded softly.

"Very well. I will be here personally to pick you up tomorrow evening. Get some rest my dear."

You watched him leave and then once he was gone, Blitz looked at you. You could tell Blitz was still insanely jealous, but he kept quiet about that. He came over to you, and he lifted your chin softly, his fingers trailing the bruises and he sighed softly.

"....were you  too scared to tell me....?"

You nodded a little.

"......it's not something I'm excited to talk about, sir........"

He nodded in understanding. You sat up and he sat next to you, and he pulled you into his lap, hugging you close. You curled up in his lap, leaning into his chest and starting to cry softly. He placed a soft kiss on your forehead, and a pink blush replaced the tears and you looked up at him, the tears have instantly stopped, and your cheeks were a delicate pink. He smiled a little, and looked down at the expression of wonder and slight surprise on your face. Your heart skipped a couple beats and fluttered. You gave a soft flustered giggle and hugged him again. You wanted to know why you felt this way around him.