Realization

You fell asleep pretty quick. And Blitz stayed with you the entire time. Moxxie poked his head in and Blitz held a finger to his lips. Moxxie nodded and offered Blitz another coffee. Blitz took it and mouthed a thank you to Moxxie. Moxxie nodded softly and left. Blitz gazed at your throat where the dark bruise was, and his eyes darkened. Blitz cared strongly about you. He didn't really know why. He sat and thought about it as his fingers absently trailed the bruises, and your breathing was slow and deep. The longer he thought, the more it started to make sense. He'd been scared to fall in love again, and now he has. He swallowed nervously, he didn't want to admit he'd fallen in love with you. He was a bit scared. Especially if you found out. He didn't want to feel the sting of rejection if you didn't feel the same. He groaned and buried his face in his hands. He didn't know what to do. He really did love you. And it scared him.. a bit later you began to stir slightly, and Blitz watched you to make sure you were okay. All seemed okay for the moment. You fell right back asleep and he sighed softly. He wondered what your thoughts on him were. Did you just see him as another member of your group? Or worse, did you see him more as a brother? His smile faded as he considered this.

'Fuck, Blitz, you've really got yourself in a bind this time. How are you going to tell her? Are you going to tell her?'

He thought to himself. He got so lost in thought that he didn't notice you slowly opening your eyes a little. You saw him biting the inside of his cheek, deep in thought and you spoke quietly.

"Hey..."

He flinched out of his thoughts, startled by your voice. He looked at you.

"Y-yes?- sorry about that-"

He stammered and you grabbed his hand lightly.

"You okay...?"

He nodded and put a smile on his face, lightly squeezing your hand.

"Y-yeah, just....thinking..."

You frowned softly. You knew the difference between a genuine and a forced smile. Blitz's smile was forced. And he knew you knew. He sighed, shaking his head.

"I got a lot on my mind. But I'll be alright."

You sighed.

"Blitz, you know you don't have to play that card with me. You can talk to me."

He sighed softly and nodded.

"I know, Y/N....it's just....hard to explain."

He mumbled. He wasn't budging and you sighed softly.

"It's okay. Sorry.."

"You don't need to apologize."

You laid back down, sighing softly. You needed more sleep but you couldn't. You couldn't stop wondering what was weighing on Blitz's mind. You looked up at him and he absently ran his fingers through your hair.

"I'll be okay, Y/N....."

You fell back asleep slowly, and he kissed forehead once you fell asleep.

"Night..."