Chapter 5

Someone started shaking me excitedly. Groaning, I cracked open my eyes. Bella was over me and as soon as she noticed my eyes were open she asked "Dude! Did you hear that Zayn got trapped in a lift last night?"

Rubbing my eyes, I mumbled "I just woke up. How would I know that?"

Bella laughed "Oh, right. Anyway, here's the little article."

She handed me her iPhone and made me read it. It was a short article but it said "International superstar, and member of boyband One Direction, Zayn Malik got trapped in an elevator late last night. Although he is okay, there was another person in the elevator. It was a young woman whose name we are unaware of, but it is rumored that she had a panic attack inside the elevator.

Once the girl was out of the elevator, Zayn refused to get assistant climbing out. The elevator, going unnoticed, began slipping with Zayn still climbing out. The girl ran and actually pulled Zayn out of the elevator right before it plummeted to the bottom floor.

Directioners should be pretty thankful for that girl, without her there might be no Zayn."

Oh gosh, why did they mention me? Or why did they have to word it that way? It makes me sound like some big hero, which I'm not! I just follow my instincts.

Clearing my throat, I handed her her phone. "Zayn got really lucky!"

Bella put her phone in her back pocket and replied "I need to find this girl to thank her for saving one of my idols." She paused. "I don't know what I'd do if Zayn hadn't been pulled out."

Standing up, I asked "Anyway, what are our plans for the day?"

"Well I was thinking we could go hang at the pool, maybe hit the gym?"

I agreed and strolled over to my bag. There weren't a ton of bathing suits to choose from since I only owned two. I grabbed my blue and white striped bikini then went into the bathroom to change.

I just let my hair down so it'd help cover some of my scars. Maybe this wasn't the best idea. I've never really been comfortable with people being able to see all of them. I threw on a little bathing suit cover then headed out of then bathroom. Immediately Bella ran in to get changed.

Since we might be heading to the gym, I threw some gym clothes into a little bag. In a minute or two Bella walked out with a small bag, I'm assuming it had her gym clothes. Awkwardly at the same time, we both put on our flip flops and started towards the door. Bella yelled opening the door "Let's go!"

I rolled my eyes and walked out into the hallway. Bella walked towards the elevators. My hand began trembling just thinking about going back into the elevators. Before I could protest to going on the elevator, Bella stepped into one. Well, I couldn't just stand there! Hesitantly I stepped into the elevator.

My knee started trembling along with my hands. The elevator went smoothly down to where the pool was, thank god. As soon as the doors opened I basically leaped out of the elevators.

The pool seemed surprisingly deserted. There was literally no one there except us and a couple of kids. We found two seats and set down our stuff. Bella began taking off what she had over her bathing suit. My mind started racing.

Bella had never seen me in a bathing suit snce I always make up an excuse not to go swimming. Right now I had no excuse. Reluctantly, I removed what I had over my bathing suit.

Bella gasped a little and asked "DJ, what happened?"

I looked down embarrassed. "It's nothing. I'm fine."

More people started coming into the pool area. Each one of them stared at me and all my scars, all of the letters carved into me. One little boy pointed at me and asked his mom "Mommy? What's wrong with her?"